Re: [elfscript] Translation Help Request!

    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 13, 2007
      > "*Dan benn guin uin! Cenig vess.

      I must correct myself: _tiridh_ is better than _cenig_ for "you look at". (_Tiro nin_ is translated "look towards me" in one of Tolkien's texts.) Also, I otherwise used _-dh_ rather than _-g_ for "you"; the latter is supposedly an intimate form which Éowyn would never use facing a Nazgûl.

      But I have elsewhere given my reasons for believing that _-dh_ may not have been Tolkien's final decision as regards the ending for singular formal "you", so though this ending occurs in one pronoun table recently published, multiple uncertainties remain.

      Would you be willing to go for the Quenya version instead?

      - HKF

    • panda_rider
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 13, 2007
        Thank you very much for the help!

        Perhaps Quenya would be a better way of going about it instead.

        Thanks!
        Paul