is there an owner or moderator of this group?

  • Peggy
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 14 7:42 AM
      The person who set this group up and/or the moderator should be able
      to go into the settings & ban offensive persons and delete the spams.
      Is there a person in charge of this group who can take care of the
      settings? If said person does not know how, I could possible walk them
      through the process.
      Just offering some help to get rid of offensive material,
      PearlforGod.
    • Marlyn Bumpus
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 14 11:30 AM
        Hi there! Pearl said:

        > The person who set this group up and/or the moderator should
        > be able to go into the settings & ban offensive persons and
        > delete the spams. Is there a person in charge of this group who
        > can take care of the settings? If said person does not know how,
        > I could possible walk them through the process.
        > Just offering some help to get rid of offensive material,

        To my knowledge, this group runs on autopilot - which is truly unfortunate.

        Namastè!

        Marlyn

        No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However, a large
        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 15 2:49 AM
          In fact, the group is partly moderated - see the message #5554. It is
          not quite simple to avoid spams or spamers until the moderator/owner
          chooses to moderate the group (by changing the Moderation in:
          Management / Group setting - Messages / Edit Posting and Archives /
          Moderation.

          On the other hand, at least it might help the group the moderator
          deletes all spams as soon as he/she finds them out.

          Lucy

          --- In elfscript@yahoogroups.com, "Marlyn Bumpus" <mbumpus_99@...>
          wrote:

          > Hi there! Pearl said:
          >
          > > The person who set this group up and/or the moderator should
          > > be able to go into the settings & ban offensive persons and
          > > delete the spams. Is there a person in charge of this group who
          > > can take care of the settings? If said person does not know how,
          > > I could possible walk them through the process.
          > > Just offering some help to get rid of offensive material,
          >
          > To my knowledge, this group runs on autopilot - which is truly
          unfortunate.

          > Namastè!
          >
          > Marlyn
          >
          > No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However, a
          large
          > number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

        • Lakis Lalakis
          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 15 8:17 AM
            I don't see how blocking addresses can solve the problem. These address
            we are blocking are not actual addresses but randomly generated fake
            ones. We can block addresses to infinity and new ones will show up

            O/H calwen76 ??????:

            Message 5 of 8 , Apr 15 10:39 AM
              Hi there! Lakis said:

              >I don't see how blocking addresses can solve the problem. These address
              > we are blocking are not actual addresses but randomly generated fake
              > ones. We can block addresses to infinity and new ones will show up

              The only way I know of to block this garbage is to have all new members'
              first messages to the group require approval before being posted to the
              list. (No, don't ask me how to do this, I only know that this is how
              several other lists I'm on prevents this very same problem.) Anything less
              than this means spam abounds.

              Message 6 of 8 , Apr 16 3:05 AM
                Well, that's the way I've proposed in my previous message...

                --- In elfscript@yahoogroups.com, "Marlyn Bumpus" <mbumpus_99@...>
                > The only way I know of to block this garbage is to have all new
                members'
                > first messages to the group require approval before being posted to
                the
                > list. (No, don't ask me how to do this, I only know that this is how
                > several other lists I'm on prevents this very same problem.)
                Anything less
                > than this means spam abounds.
                >
                > Namastè!
                >
                > Marlyn
                >
                > No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However, a
                large
                > number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

              • elvinaherewood
                Message 7 of 8 , Apr 16 9:11 AM
                  HI isn't there a spam button that you can use to block the unwanted
                  messages that don't belong. I have it on my yahoo group.

                  Elvina Herewood

                  Message 8 of 8 , Apr 16 12:53 PM
                    The anti-spam filter doesn't recognise the sender's address, but the
                    list's. Since they all come rom the mailing list, it allows them

                    Or so I think

                    O/H elvinaherewood έγραψε: