Re: [elfscript] Need Two Simple Translations

  • Lakis Lalakis
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 12, 2007
      Boromir and Denethor are already Sindarin so they dont need translation

      Sinc eyou know what you want, consult
      http://tengwar.art.pl/tengwar/ott/start.php?l=en to transcribe the names
      automatically

      O/H Christopher έγραψε:

      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 13, 2007
        Hello,

        first, let me correct you (I know, it is just a "little thing" but it
        is quite important): as already said, the names Boromir and Denethor
        are of Elvish origin, though Denethor may be of Nandorin and not of
        the
        Sindarin origin. This is concerning the language. _The mode of
        Gondor_
        represents a writing system, not a language. Since the names are of
        Elvish origin, we can _transcribe_ them in Tengwar (i.e. a writing
        system) that can have various _modes_.

        If you have downloaded and installed the appropriate Tengwar PC fonts
        (e.g. Johan Winge's Tengwar Annatar), type the following lines into
        your Word editor and switch the font accordingly:

        w7Yt^6T
        25$3F6Y

        The first stands for Boromir, the second for Denethor. If you want to
        check it, see this file:

        Cheers,
        Lucy

        --- In elfscript@yahoogroups.com, "Christopher" <minispider89@...>