Need Two Simple Translations

  • Christopher
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 12, 2007
      I need the names 'Boromir' and 'Denethor' translated into Sindarin,
      mode of Gondor, written in Tengwar. If you can tell me the characters
      to input into Microsoft Word in order to make the proper characters
      appear, that would be wonderful. Otherwise, a screencap of the names
      typed or written out would be great.

      Thanks!
    • Lakis Lalakis
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 12, 2007
        Boromir and Denethor are already Sindarin so they dont need translation

        Sinc eyou know what you want, consult
        http://tengwar.art.pl/tengwar/ott/start.php?l=en to transcribe the names
        automatically

        O/H Christopher έγραψε:

        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 13, 2007
          Hello,

          first, let me correct you (I know, it is just a "little thing" but it
          is quite important): as already said, the names Boromir and Denethor
          are of Elvish origin, though Denethor may be of Nandorin and not of
          the
          Sindarin origin. This is concerning the language. _The mode of
          Gondor_
          represents a writing system, not a language. Since the names are of
          Elvish origin, we can _transcribe_ them in Tengwar (i.e. a writing
          system) that can have various _modes_.

          If you have downloaded and installed the appropriate Tengwar PC fonts
          (e.g. Johan Winge's Tengwar Annatar), type the following lines into
          your Word editor and switch the font accordingly:

          w7Yt^6T
          25$3F6Y

          The first stands for Boromir, the second for Denethor. If you want to
          check it, see this file:

          Cheers,
          Lucy

          --- In elfscript@yahoogroups.com, "Christopher" <minispider89@...>