Re: [elfscript] script for names

  • Lakis Lalakis
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 27, 2007
      http://at.mansbjorkman.net/faq.htm
      http://www.geocities.com/therealteng/guide.html
      http://tengwar.art.pl/tengwar/ott/english.php

      O/H Laurelin έγραψε:

      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 27, 2007
        --- In elfscript@yahoogroups.com, "Laurelin" <bayfloral@...> wrote:

        > I need to figure out how to write my children's names in Tengwar for
        > a tatoo. Does anyone have some good links or ideas for me. I can
        > figure it out but it takes a lot of research and time. Which a mother
        > of 3 young ones does not have. Quite a while ago I began to learn
        > the script but it has left my brain! Any advice is greatly
        > appreciated!

        Hello,

        it may be the best for you to send us the names and we will do it for
        you (I understand your lack of time though I haven't but one kid) - of
        course if you don't want to make some time for it. Anyway, once you
        make your own conclusions / inscriptions, I recommend you send them for
        our approval if you wish to have the names tattooed as most accurately
        as possible.

        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 29, 2007
          Laurelin has requested the transcription of these names into Tengwar:
          Emma, Liam, Ella and Shawn. I have chosen the Original mode for
          English to transcript the names - please, see the following file and
          approve, if possible.

          Thank you,
          Lucy

          --- In elfscript@yahoogroups.com, "calwen76" <calwen.rudh@...> wrote:

          > --- In elfscript@yahoogroups.com, "Laurelin" <bayfloral@> wrote:
          > >
          > > I need to figure out how to write my children's names in Tengwar
          for
          > > a tatoo. Does anyone have some good links or ideas for me. I can
          > > figure it out but it takes a lot of research and time. Which a
          mother
          > > of 3 young ones does not have. Quite a while ago I began to
          learn
          > > the script but it has left my brain! Any advice is greatly
          > > appreciated!
          >
          > Hello,
          >
          > it may be the best for you to send us the names and we will do it
          for
          > you (I understand your lack of time though I haven't but one kid) -
          of
          > course if you don't want to make some time for it. Anyway, once you
          > make your own conclusions / inscriptions, I recommend you send them
          for
          > our approval if you wish to have the names tattooed as most
          accurately
          > as possible.
          >
          > Lucy

        • Laurelin
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 29, 2007
            Thank you for your help. They really look beautiful!