script for names

  • Laurelin
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 26, 2007
      I need to figure out how to write my children's names in Tengwar for a
      tatoo. Does anyone have some good links or ideas for me. I can figure
      it out but it takes a lot of research and time. Which a mother of 3
      young ones does not have. Quite a while ago I began to learn the
      script but it has left my brain! Any advice is greatly appreciated!
    • Lakis Lalakis
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 27, 2007
        http://at.mansbjorkman.net/faq.htm
        http://www.geocities.com/therealteng/guide.html
        http://tengwar.art.pl/tengwar/ott/english.php

        O/H Laurelin έγραψε:

        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 27, 2007
          --- In elfscript@yahoogroups.com, "Laurelin" <bayfloral@...> wrote:

          > I need to figure out how to write my children's names in Tengwar for
          > a tatoo. Does anyone have some good links or ideas for me. I can
          > figure it out but it takes a lot of research and time. Which a mother
          > of 3 young ones does not have. Quite a while ago I began to learn
          > the script but it has left my brain! Any advice is greatly
          > appreciated!

          Hello,

          it may be the best for you to send us the names and we will do it for
          you (I understand your lack of time though I haven't but one kid) - of
          course if you don't want to make some time for it. Anyway, once you
          make your own conclusions / inscriptions, I recommend you send them for
          our approval if you wish to have the names tattooed as most accurately
          as possible.

          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 29, 2007
            Laurelin has requested the transcription of these names into Tengwar:
            Emma, Liam, Ella and Shawn. I have chosen the Original mode for
            English to transcript the names - please, see the following file and
            approve, if possible.

            Thank you,
            Lucy

            --- In elfscript@yahoogroups.com, "calwen76" <calwen.rudh@...> wrote:

            > --- In elfscript@yahoogroups.com, "Laurelin" <bayfloral@> wrote:
            > >
            > > I need to figure out how to write my children's names in Tengwar
            for
            > > a tatoo. Does anyone have some good links or ideas for me. I can
            > > figure it out but it takes a lot of research and time. Which a
            mother
            > > of 3 young ones does not have. Quite a while ago I began to
            learn
            > > the script but it has left my brain! Any advice is greatly
            > > appreciated!
            >
            > Hello,
            >
            > it may be the best for you to send us the names and we will do it
            for
            > you (I understand your lack of time though I haven't but one kid) -
            of
            > course if you don't want to make some time for it. Anyway, once you
            > make your own conclusions / inscriptions, I recommend you send them
            for
            > our approval if you wish to have the names tattooed as most
            accurately
            > as possible.
            >
            > Lucy

          • Laurelin
            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 29, 2007
              Thank you for your help. They really look beautiful!