Re: Vinyar Tengwar #6 cover page Runes

  • j_mach_wust
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 7, 2007
      Hi Lucy

      It seems to be written in the Angerthas Daeron as described in
      appendix E because the certh that looks like K must represent "r", not
      "g", because "g" is already represented by the typical Gandalf-rune
      (the rune feoh). The certh for "a" allows us to affirm that the text
      is not upside down or side-inverted.

      So the text seems to read: "na shcuñorthin : igaron ibalrogin : or ant
      drambant chúrin : a imorgoth miriant".

      That looks a lot like Sindarin to me, except for the second word,
      though I am in no position to translate any of it.

      grüess
      mach

      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 13, 2007
        Hello,

        thank you very much for your contribution - this is almost exactly
        what I've thought up: the first two words are _Na Lungorthin_* (see
        the latin legend on the top of the picture) BMO.

        * _ng_ goes for _n_ with a wave above (to omit the wrong coding)

        Now I am only curious about the translation but it is not for this
        group. :-)

        Cheers,
        Lucy

        --- In elfscript@yahoogroups.com, "j_mach_wust" <j_mach_wust@...>