confirmation of translation help please..

  • residentisz21
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 7, 2007
      Hi everyone, been ages since I've posted on here..
      mainly just a lurk..

      anyhow, Calwen translated a verse I planned on getting tattooed some
      time ago, "Sieze the Day", and the initial image she sent me was too
      small for my tattoo artist, so with the font she gave me I re-did and
      I just wanted to make sure my re-typing was accurate of the
      translation, that all the accents are placed properly because I've
      noticed that sometimes a "." can be different keys and placed
      different over or under the previous letter.

      The images can be found in the FILES > JEFF folder of this group

      "seizetheday.gif" is the original image Calwen sent me.

      "seize01.jpg" is my re-typing of it

      thanks in advance for your help,

      jeff
    • j_mach_wust
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 8, 2007
        jeff wrote:
        > I just wanted to make sure my re-typing was accurate of the
        > translation, that all the accents are placed properly because I've
        > noticed that sometimes a "." can be different keys and placed
        > different over or under the previous letter.
        >
        > The images can be found in the FILES > JEFF folder of this group

        Your re-typing is perfectly all right. I just wanted to note that it's
        possible to have another transcription of the word "seize". I've
        uploaded it to the same folder where you put your transcription.
        Either transcription is perfectly all right and in accordance with
        what Tolkien has written. The alternative transcription that I've
        posted places more emphasis on the two vowels "ei" belonging together
        in the word "seize". But either transcription is perfectly all right
        to the best of my knowledge, so it's up to you to pick the one you
        like better.

        grüess
        mach
      • residentisz21
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 8, 2007
          Mach,

          thanks for your help, and your alternative choice..

          I'll have to mull over which one I want, but once I get that tattoo,
          I'll post a pic of it..

          thanks again

          jeff