Re: [elfscript] Roadmap to Trading

  • Harm J. Schelhaas
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 6, 2007
      Op Mon Feb 5, 2007 2:13 am ((PST)) schreef "elimloth" draco@...:

      > --- In elfscript@yahoogroups.com, Melroch 'Aestan <melroch@...> wrote:
      >
      >> Isn't there a listowner, moderator who can throw
      >> the spammer out of the group, or does he keep resubscribing under different IDs?
      >
      > The only effective way to keep spammers out is if the group auto-
      > moderates new members. Then, after a time, the moderator can change a member's
      > posting status to unmoderated. Nellardo runs this group completely unmoderated,
      > hence the spam. About the best one can do to minimize the impact of this spam is to
      > turn off receiving email from the group and just access it by WEB.
      >
      > Elimloth

      I couldn't say it any better. I would advise to auto-moderate. At the present it is
      unsafe to operate any e-mail group, message board, forum or the like where people
      can immediately post after registration without being vetted. That, or impose a
      registration process that is designed to keep out automatic registrations, if
      possible. Without either, you're bound to be swamped by spam in a short while. It'll
      only get worse exponentially, if you do nothing.

      Herdir Perhael ne Mithrennaith
      (Harm J. Schelhaas)
    • Jaster
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 6, 2007
        I couldn't agree more....

        ...It also helps to spam filter your email as an extra layer of
        annoyance removal ...
        This email was initially filtered as spam itself...

        Jaster