Roadmap to Trading

  • Fredo Medina
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 31, 2007
      Roadmap to Trading Trading, like anything in life, requires some work. You find what works for you and stick to it. I like to say trading is like running a marathon, it is a very long road, but one you will finish if the preparation is done. A sprinter finishes quickly and gets instant gratification for their efforts. Trading doesnÂ’t work that way. There are no short cuts or ways to get around defining a plan that works for you.

      http://the-stock-exchange.blogspot.com/2007/01/roadmap-to-trading.html

    • Brad Howells
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 1, 2007
        Is anyone else totally annoyed by how our Elfscript group is getting
        bombarded with this junk?? Has anyone already started a different group
        with the same subject? I mean, I don't contribute to the conversations
        a lot, but I enjoy reading them. This other stuff about how a moron got
        his mortgage down and his BA in a month by calling an 801 number (which
        is calling Utah, by the way), it's really frustrating!

        Brad Howells
        Vanguard Charter Academy
        Wyoming, MI
        (616) 538-3630

        K-4 General Music ~ 5-8 Band
        NWEA MAP Secondary Test Proctor

      • Melroch 'Aestan
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 1, 2007
          Brad Howells skrev:
          > Is anyone else totally annoyed by how our Elfscript group is getting
          > bombarded with this junk?? Has anyone already started a different group
          > with the same subject?

          Hardly.

          > This other stuff about how a moron got
          > his mortgage down and his BA in a month by calling an 801 number (which
          > is calling Utah, by the way), it's really frustrating!

          That's so-called spam, aka unsolicited email advertisments,
          generaly considered a Bad Thing and a nuisance.

          Isn't there a listowner, moderator who can throw
          the spammer out of the group, or does he keep
          resubscribing under different IDs?

          --

          /BP 8^)>
          A h-ammen ledin i phith! \ \

          "I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody
          is altogether on my side" -- Fangorn
        • elimloth
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 5, 2007
            --- In elfscript@yahoogroups.com, Melroch 'Aestan <melroch@...> wrote:
            > Isn't there a listowner, moderator who can throw
            > the spammer out of the group, or does he keep
            > resubscribing under different IDs?

            The only effective way to keep spammers out is if the group auto-
            moderates new members. Then, after a time, the moderator can change a
            member's posting status to unmoderated. Nellardo runs this group
            completely unmoderated, hence the spam. About the best one can do to
            minimize the impact of this spam is to turn off receiving email from
            the group and just access it by WEB.

            Elimloth
          • Harm J. Schelhaas
            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 6, 2007
              Op Mon Feb 5, 2007 2:13 am ((PST)) schreef "elimloth" draco@...:

              > --- In elfscript@yahoogroups.com, Melroch 'Aestan <melroch@...> wrote:
              >
              >> Isn't there a listowner, moderator who can throw
              >> the spammer out of the group, or does he keep resubscribing under different IDs?
              >
              > The only effective way to keep spammers out is if the group auto-
              > moderates new members. Then, after a time, the moderator can change a member's
              > posting status to unmoderated. Nellardo runs this group completely unmoderated,
              > hence the spam. About the best one can do to minimize the impact of this spam is to
              > turn off receiving email from the group and just access it by WEB.
              >
              > Elimloth

              I couldn't say it any better. I would advise to auto-moderate. At the present it is
              unsafe to operate any e-mail group, message board, forum or the like where people
              can immediately post after registration without being vetted. That, or impose a
              registration process that is designed to keep out automatic registrations, if
              possible. Without either, you're bound to be swamped by spam in a short while. It'll
              only get worse exponentially, if you do nothing.

              Herdir Perhael ne Mithrennaith
              (Harm J. Schelhaas)
            • Jaster
              Message 6 of 6 , Feb 6, 2007
                I couldn't agree more....

                ...It also helps to spam filter your email as an extra layer of
                annoyance removal ...
                This email was initially filtered as spam itself...

                Jaster