Re: Found the word translation and tengwar!

  • Måns Björkman
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 29, 2006
      --- In elfscript@yahoogroups.com, "j_mach_wust" <j_mach_wust@...> wrote:

      > Arguably, a transcription according to the general use instead of the
      > classical Quenya orthography may be what a man from Gondor might have
      > chosen. We can't say it's wrong, since there are many instances where
      > J. R. R. Tolkien transcribed Quenya like this (see
      > http://at.mansbjorkman.net/teng_modes.htm#general ), we can only
      > presume that it's not the classically Elven mode.

      Yes, Tolkien does state (in DTS 58) that the general use is applicable
      to Quenya. (Though the man of Gondor would probably not write _huore_
      "courage" as in Jessyka's image, with the final _e_ represented by an
      underdot. He would probably rather write it as an e-tehta on a short
      carrier.)

      Yours,
      Måns