Tenwar word(s) tattoo

  • almatari_ailin
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 25, 2006
      Hello! I'm new to this site and the reason I joined is because I love
      elvish and tengwar, but I'm not very "knowledgable" about it.

      I would like some help with my latest "project". For along time I have
      wanted the words "Strength", "Courage", and "Beauty" tattooed in 3
      different places on my body. I was going to do the words in Chinese
      symbols when it hit me that elvish would be so much better and would
      fit my personality and life better. My only problem is I want the
      words first translated in elvish and then have the elvish translation
      written in Tengwar. Is there anyone who would be willing to help me
      with this?
      I would deeply appreciate it!

      Thanks!

      Jessyka a.k.a. Almatari
    • ash_nazg4321
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 25, 2006
        --- In elfscript@yahoogroups.com, "almatari_ailin"
        <almatari_ailin@...> wrote:

        > Hello! I'm new to this site and the reason I joined is because I
        love
        > elvish and tengwar, but I'm not very "knowledgable" about it.
        >
        > I would like some help with my latest "project". For along time I
        have
        > wanted the words "Strength", "Courage", and "Beauty" tattooed in 3
        > different places on my body. I was going to do the words in Chinese
        > symbols when it hit me that elvish would be so much better and
        would
        > fit my personality and life better. My only problem is I want the
        > words first translated in elvish and then have the elvish
        translation
        > written in Tengwar. Is there anyone who would be willing to help me
        > with this?
        > I would deeply appreciate it!
        >
        > Thanks!
        >
        > Jessyka a.k.a. Almatari

        well for starters, which Elvish language do you want them translated
        into?
      • Palatinus
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 26, 2006
          > > fit my personality and life better. My only
          > problem is I want the
          > > words first translated in elvish and then have the
          > elvish
          > translation
          > > written in Tengwar. Is there anyone who would be
          > willing to help me
          > > with this?
          > > I would deeply appreciate it!
          >
          > well for starters, which Elvish language do you want
          > them translated
          > into?

          Whatever it is, there are always wordlists to helkp
          find the words. For example Dragonflame and
          Ardalambion will give you Sindarin and Quenya
          wordlists to find your word.

          If you want a Tengwar transcription, go to
          www.tengwar.art.pl

          Before tatooing, let us check the reults in case they
          are not right, ok???

          Χρησιμοποιείτε Yahoo!;
        • Palatinus
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 26, 2006
            > > fit my personality and life better. My only
            > problem is I want the
            > > words first translated in elvish and then have the
            > elvish
            > translation
            > > written in Tengwar. Is there anyone who would be
            > willing to help me
            > > with this?
            > > I would deeply appreciate it!
            >
            > well for starters, which Elvish language do you want
            > them translated
            > into?

            Whatever it is, there are always wordlists to help