World Premeire of "Dork" at GenCon... We Did It!

  • DOTR Film
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 18, 2006
      WORLD PREMIERE AT GENCON 2006 REPORT

      (Cringes as she blogs…)

      This was it. All the sweat, toil, and (minimal)
      bloodshed over the last several years came to fruition
      as Richardson Productions held its world premiere and
      multiple screenings of the epic parody “The Dork of
      the Rings” at GenCon ’06, the country’s largest gaming
      convention with fantasy and sci-fi geeks from around
      the world in attendance.

      Thursday’s sneak preview was jam-packed with squished
      standing room only. A very enthusiastic film reviewer
      from Sylvan was present, as well as a representative
      of the Indiana State Museum who wants the film to be
      screened at the museum. Both the Friday premiere and
      Saturday screening were completely filled, so that
      meant about 200 eager dorks per screening. After the
      premiere the cast and crew answered lots of questions
      and signed autographs for all their adoring dorker
      fans.

      Some of the stars from the movie who were in
      attendance for the premiere included Circus-Szalewski
      (Scrottum), Victoria Floro (Femowen), James Flannery
      (Ham), Jim Hall (Arogant), Steve Christopher (Abscond
      the Elfis), David Kiefer (Randolf the Wizard), James
      Lowe (Internet Troll/Webmaster/Visual Effects), Bob
      Lee (Visual Effects), James Pickens
      (Writer/Producer/Cinematographer/Visual Effects),
      Michael Kouroubetes (Writer/Producer/Actor), Ian
      Strandberg (Art Coordinator/Actor), Kevin McInerney
      (Producer/Actor), Lu Ann Richardson (Producer) and Tim
      Richardson (Writer/Director/Producer). Production
      Princess Trisha Miller unfortunately suffered an
      injured back earlier that night and lead actor Bryce
      Cone (Frudo) graced us with his presence Saturday
      night.

      All the screenings began with an introduction by “Lord
      of the Rings” actor Kiran Shah, a celebrated little
      person who claims he originally auditioned to be Bryce
      Cone’s (Frudo) scale double but was told he was too
      tall. During the end credits, The Great Luke Ski’s
      music video for “The Theme From The Dork of the Rings”
      played to the delight of many Dork and Ski admirers.
      Luke’s website is www.lukeski.com where you can find
      his new DVD “The Ego Has Landed” and his numerous
      comedy and parody CDs.

      Somehow (no one is claiming responsibility), our
      infamous co-director Jack Peterson made the scene at
      the end of the premiere and amazed the crowd with his
      total lack of knowledge about basically everything.
      Good ol’ Jack…

      We’d also like to congratulate our fellow filmmakers
      The Dead Gentlemen (www.deadgentlemen.com) and
      Christopher Folino (www.buygamers.com) on their
      hilarious productions as well, which screened along
      side ours each night. I snagged me a copy of both “The
      Gamers” and “Gamers” (respectively). Thanks for the
      camaraderie, guys, and good luck on future endeavors.
      We’re very much looking forward to the final version
      of “Gamers 2: Dorkness Rising.”

      If you weren’t able to catch us at GenCon, don’t
      worry, we have plenty of screenings coming up so visit
      our website www.dorkoftherings.com for updates. Some
      future screenings include the IMAX in Indianapolis on
      Saturday, August 26 at 8:30 p.m., Dragon*Con in
      Atlanta over Labor Day weekend, and 7 screenings at
      Indiana University South Bend on September 23 & 24 and
      October 7, 8 & 9. We’ll also be screening this fall at
      Ring*Con in Germany.

      Hope to see you at a screening near you soon!

      Tara Eary,
      Marketing Slave for “The Dork of the Rings”

      http://mail.yahoo.com