Re: Hi All

  • Laerwen Celebrinel
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 17, 2006
      Hi Mysticque8,
      And welcome. It's nice to have enthusiastic people, like you, here.
      The LOTR fan groups are very interesting and helpful. You also might
      want to try Elfling, another yahoogroups group, if you haven't
      already. I think they will help you about your speech questions, even
      if there is hard to explain through internet.

      Did you ask how to install new fonts? If yes then I can help you.
      (There are some great fonts on arwen-undomiel.com site, but you must
      have seen them)
      OK so you click on the font link and save the file. Usually it is an
      archive so you'll have to extract it. (I think you know how to do
      that). After you extract it (somewhere you know how to find
      afterwards) you go to Start->Control Panel->Fonts.
      If you are using Windows XP I don't exactly know where to find the
      Fonts but try something like Appearance or Themes. If not you'll find
      Fonts directly in the Control Panel window
      Anyway so you find the Fonts and a window opens where is a list of
      many font files (if you search through the list you might find the
      know fonts like Times New Roman).
      These files usually have .ttf extension.
      Then, from the File menu, select 'Install new font'. A window will
      open and you'll have to locate the folder where you extracted the
      archive. when you locate the exact folder the name of the fonts to
      install will appear automatically in the window. Then hit OK and
      you're done.
      Good luck and if this wasn't your question don't laugh at my
      explanations for computer beginners :).
      For other font questions check the previous posts.
      See you.
      LC