HI ALL

  • mysticque8
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 16, 2006
      incredibly new here. i just can't believe that there's a "Rhelm"
      such as this one...lol. you know how long i have been waiting to
      really get involved with the language? life time i think. i am so
      very drawn to it. anyway, i checked out the photos in group and
      their super. i did go on a link and wanted to try to load some of
      these fonts,yet i am having some trouble trying to find out how. i
      have others such as the dwarf runes and moon rune. i have been
      writing these for about a year and half now, but have just recently
      added them to my fonts. i am a not to technologically equipped with
      the knowledge of computers, so, if anyone has some ideas as to how i
      may go about doing this i would greatly appreciate it..:) also, is
      there somewhere i may go to learn how to speak the language? i do
      realize that it is a very difficult language as i have the book "The
      Language of Tolkien's Middle-Earth, by Ruth S Noel. it's a super
      book, yet is very complicating to understand at times. thanks to
      all for having me here and for listening and helping out as well.
      hugs to everyone.

      mysticque8
    • Palatinus
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 17, 2006
        > their super. i did go on a link and wanted to try
        > to load some of
        > these fonts,yet i am having some trouble trying to
        > find out how. i

        Hi there. First of all, which fonts? There are many
        fonts created for the 3 major writing systems by
        Tolkien: Tengwar, Runes (Cirth) and Sarati (not very
        much known). The fonts vary mainly in appearance and
        setting

        Try a google search on Dan Smith and 'Amanye Tenceli'
        for more resource

        > have others such as the dwarf runes and moon rune.

        I am not sure if they are Tolkien based or simply
        RPG-based :)

        > it..:) also, is
        > there somewhere i may go to learn how to speak the
        > language? i do

        Again, there is not a langage, but at least two. This
        list is not for the language, but for the writing
        systems for them.

        For starters, many of us don't think that there is a
        way to speak them. We just study them.

        > realize that it is a very difficult language as i
        > have the book "The
        > Language of Tolkien's Middle-Earth, by Ruth S Noel.
        > it's a super

        I have read very bad reviews about that book, and most
        of us seem to hate it :)

        Welcome and good luck

        Χρησιμοποιείτε Yahoo!;