Re: Help with translation

    Message 1 of 13 , Jul 19, 2006
      > > it should look like this
      > >
      > > http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a58/ash_nazg4321/lucia.jpg
      > >
      > > the keys for a tengwar font are " jUiT`C "

      I am not quite sure if this is the write transcription according
      to "Quenya rules" ... I'd transcript: jUiGhÍC (lambe+U-tehta / silme
      nuquerna+I tehta / yanta+A-tehta+under double dot)

      > Thanks. How did you come up with the keys for the tengwar font?
      > There are a couple of other names I would like to do, and now that
      > I've seen that it works in wordpad, I need help finding out how to
      > convert the name.

      Just upload the font here:
      http://home.student.uu.se/jowi4905/fonts/annatar.html

      install it and then you can write your own stuff. But beware: what
      you need to write it correctly is a "basic" knowledge of how the
      transcription works - the letters on the keyboard are not equal to
      those in Tengwar (the letter T in Tengwar is written with the key 1
      on the keyboard etc.). Anyway, if you need help, here we're ready to
      answer your questions.
    • Eclipse
      Message 2 of 13 , Jul 20, 2006
        --- In elfscript@yahoogroups.com, "calwen76" <calwen.rudh@...> wrote:

        > > > it should look like this
        > > >
        > > > http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a58/ash_nazg4321/lucia.jpg
        > > >
        > > > the keys for a tengwar font are " jUiT`C "
        >
        > I am not quite sure if this is the write transcription according
        > to "Quenya rules" ... I'd transcript: jUiGhÍC (lambe+U-tehta /
        silme
        > nuquerna+I tehta / yanta+A-tehta+under double dot)
        >
        > > Thanks. How did you come up with the keys for the tengwar
        font?
        > > There are a couple of other names I would like to do, and now
        that
        > > I've seen that it works in wordpad, I need help finding out how
        > > convert the name.
        >
        > Just upload the font here:
        > http://home.student.uu.se/jowi4905/fonts/annatar.html
        >
        > install it and then you can write your own stuff. But beware: what
        > you need to write it correctly is a "basic" knowledge of how the
        > transcription works - the letters on the keyboard are not equal to
        > those in Tengwar (the letter T in Tengwar is written with the key
        1
        > on the keyboard etc.). Anyway, if you need help, here we're ready
        > answer your questions.

        Thanks for all of your help. I cant thank all of you who responded
        enough.
      • Eclipse
        Message 3 of 13 , Jul 26, 2006
          --- In elfscript@yahoogroups.com, "Eclipse" <a_broken_life@...>
          wrote:

          > > I am not quite sure if this is the write transcription according
          > > to "Quenya rules" ... I'd transcript: jUiGhÍC (lambe+U-tehta /
          > silme
          > > nuquerna+I tehta / yanta+A-tehta+under double dot)
          > >
          > > > Thanks. How did you come up with the keys for the tengwar
          > font?
          > > > There are a couple of other names I would like to do, and now
          > that
          > > > I've seen that it works in wordpad, I need help finding out
          how
          > > > convert the name.
          > >
          > > Just upload the font here:
          > > http://home.student.uu.se/jowi4905/fonts/annatar.html
          > >
          > > install it and then you can write your own stuff. But beware:
          what
          > > you need to write it correctly is a "basic" knowledge of how the
          > > transcription works - the letters on the keyboard are not equal
          > > those in Tengwar (the letter T in Tengwar is written with the
          key
          > 1
          > > on the keyboard etc.). Anyway, if you need help, here we're
          ready
          > > answer your questions.
          > >

          > Thanks for all of your help. I cant thank all of you who
          responded
          > enough.

          Ok, Ive read the keyboard mapping and the help files with the fonts,
          but I'm more confused than ever. That others names I wanted in
          the "Ring" style is Kelly and Jarrod. I've never been good at
          languages so any help would be appreciated.
          Message 4 of 13 , Jul 27, 2006
            --- In elfscript@yahoogroups.com, "Eclipse" <a_broken_life@...> wrote:
            > Ok, Ive read the keyboard mapping and the help files with the
            fonts,
            > but I'm more confused than ever. That others names I wanted in
            > the "Ring" style is Kelly and Jarrod. I've never been good at
            > languages so any help would be appreciated.

            :-) It's okay... I've uploaded a file with the names to the Files of
            this group:

            ../calwen76/jarrod_kelly_lucia.bmp

            Check it out there.

            If you have uploaded the font, you can just cut and paste
            these "codes" to your Word editor and then change the font to Tengwar
            Annatar:
            zj$°`Û
            s7D2^
            jUiGhÍD

            Whatever is easier for you.

            Well, however, I just want to note that I transcripted Jarrod
            as "Jarod" since according to Professor's own scripts he used a below
            tilde (KL I, "Merry") or a double letter (KL I, "Stirring": by error,
            probably) - or didn't transcript it as double but as single (Errantry
            Inscription). Unfortunately, all these samples are written in a Mode
            of Beleriand. We have no evidence of a tehta mode with a word
            including a double R, so I followed my instincts (that may be wrong,
            of course) - I simply didn't like the under tilde there. So, as usual
            with such transcriptions, nothing is certain with the picture.

            Comments welcome!
            Lucy
          • Palatinus
            Message 5 of 13 , Jul 27, 2006
              --- Eclipse <a_broken_life@...> έγραψε:

              > Ok, Ive read the keyboard mapping and the help files
              > with the fonts,
              > but I'm more confused than ever. That others names
              > I wanted in
              > the "Ring" style is Kelly and Jarrod. I've never
              > been good at
              > languages so any help would be appreciated.

              The 'code' that goes with your names is:

              s7'R2^ zjR¸`Û

              just paste it in Word(pad) and select the appropriate
              'Ring style' font you wanted

              Χρησιμοποιείτε Yahoo!;
            • Eclipse
              Message 6 of 13 , Jul 27, 2006
                --- In elfscript@yahoogroups.com, "calwen76" <calwen.rudh@...> wrote:

                > --- In elfscript@yahoogroups.com, "Eclipse" <a_broken_life@> wrote:
                > > Ok, Ive read the keyboard mapping and the help files with the
                > fonts,
                > > but I'm more confused than ever. That others names I wanted in
                > > the "Ring" style is Kelly and Jarrod. I've never been good at
                > > languages so any help would be appreciated.
                >
                > :-) It's okay... I've uploaded a file with the names to the Files
                of
                > this group:
                >
                > ../calwen76/jarrod_kelly_lucia.bmp
                >
                > Check it out there.
                >
                > If you have uploaded the font, you can just cut and paste
                > these "codes" to your Word editor and then change the font to
                Tengwar
                > Annatar:
                > zj$°`Û
                > s7D2^
                > jUiGhÍD
                >
                > Whatever is easier for you.
                >
                > Well, however, I just want to note that I transcripted Jarrod
                > as "Jarod" since according to Professor's own scripts he used a
                below
                > tilde (KL I, "Merry") or a double letter (KL I, "Stirring": by
                error,
                > probably) - or didn't transcript it as double but as single
                (Errantry
                > Inscription). Unfortunately, all these samples are written in a
                Mode
                > of Beleriand. We have no evidence of a tehta mode with a word
                > including a double R, so I followed my instincts (that may be
                wrong,
                > of course) - I simply didn't like the under tilde there. So, as
                usual
                > with such transcriptions, nothing is certain with the picture.
                >
                > Comments welcome!
                > Lucy

                Thanks for the help once again. I'm still reading and rereading
                everything I find so hopefully I'll be able to figure all of this
                out on my own. But thanks again to all who responded.