plese help

  • colin dyck
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 12, 2006
      Hi, thanks so much for the responce, i think it help, except i can't get dragon flame to give mt out the keys anymore
      but here is what i have for for Sarah, my wives name and in quenya it is Aranel i am trying to type it with a quenya font using tengscrib, i get this `C7E5$j
      witich i just figoured out is `C7E5$j on the keyboard but when i try to type it out in word or photoshop using a quenya font i don;t get anything like that...any more help would be greatly appreachited lots!
      just one other question from my wife....she does not what to get my full name tattooed in quenya becasue its quite big, but she wants to just get my innitials, witch are C.D......just wondering if it is posable to just translate those to letters into quenya
      thankyou very much
      -colin

    • ash_nazg4321
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 12, 2006
        well if you just want the tengwar letter's, they're " z2 " in a
        tengwar font, the names of the tengwar themselves are "quesse"
        and "ando"

        --- In elfscript@yahoogroups.com, colin dyck <colinbdyck@...> wrote:

        > Hi, thanks so much for the responce, i think it help, except i
        can't get dragon flame to give mt out the keys anymore
        > but here is what i have for for Sarah, my wives name and in quenya
        it is Aranel i am trying to type it with a quenya font using
        tengscrib, i get this `C7E5$j
        > witich i just figoured out is `C7E5$j on the keyboard but when i
        try to type it out in word or photoshop using a quenya font i don;t
        get anything like that...any more help would be greatly appreachited
        lots!
        > just one other question from my wife....she does not what to get
        my full name tattooed in quenya becasue its quite big, but she wants
        to just get my innitials, witch are C.D......just wondering if it is
        posable to just translate those to letters into quenya
        > thankyou very much
        > -colin

      • Palatinus
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 13, 2006
          --- colin dyck <colinbdyck@...> έγραψε:

          > but here is what i have for for Sarah, my wives name
          > and in quenya it is Aranel i am trying to type it
          > with a quenya font using tengscrib, i get this
          > `C7E5$j
          > witich i just figoured out is `C7E5$j on the
          > keyboard but when i try to type it out in word or
          > photoshop using a quenya font i don;t get anything
          > like that...any more help would be greatly
          > appreachited lots!

          I don't know what Tengscribe show syou but `C7E5$j is
          pretty much 'Aranel' with Tengwar fonts. And why did
          you try Photoshop and not Wordpad?

          > just one other question from my wife....she does not
          > what to get my full name tattooed in quenya becasue
          > its quite big, but she wants to just get my
          > innitials, witch are C.D......just wondering if it
          > is posable to just translate those to letters into
          > quenya
          > thankyou very much

          Not easy, bucasue Quenya has no 'D'

          Χρησιμοποιείτε Yahoo!;
        • colin dyck
          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 13, 2006
            hey
            thanks for the help and reply, the reason i used photoshop is so that i could make it look a little neater and nicer, i tryed with wordpad and got it to work also i got it to work with photoshop....i will attach a picture of it and if you could conferm if it is the proper trasnlastion for "Aranel" that would be awsome....and as for there not being any quenya symble for D, is there a translation for the word/name Dyck ....thats my last name, i found my name to be "cuo cuner" so my first innitial is CC, is there anything that my last innitial? thanks again so much for your help!
            thankyou
            -colin dyck

          • Palatinus
            Message 5 of 7 , Jul 14, 2006
              --- colin dyck <colinbdyck@...> έγραψε:

              > word/name Dyck ....thats my last name, i found my
              > name to be "cuo cuner" so my first innitial is CC,
              > is there anything that my last innitial? thanks
              > again so much for your help!

              I don't think that Dyck can be translated because (I
              guess) it's not a historical meaningful name of
              German, Agnlosaxon or Latin roots. Where did you find
              the translation?

              Χρησιμοποιείτε Yahoo!;
            • colin dyck
              Message 6 of 7 , Jul 14, 2006
                i found my first name at http://www.elvish.org/elm/names.html but i could not find my last name
                thanks

              • colinbdyck
                Message 7 of 7 , Jul 14, 2006
                  could someone plase check out the picture of my translation of Aranel
                  in the photos section and let me know if its right
                  thanks so much