help please

  • colinbdyck
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 12, 2006
      hi,
      my name is colin, i just found out last weekend that in odrer to
      write
      somthing in elvish yuo had trasscribe and chose modes and kind of
      elvish you want...i'm wanting to get my wives elvish name tattoo'd
      under my ring....and i thoguth that i could just type out her name
      "sarah" into word with a sindrin tengwar font on and prestio!, so i
      fond some websites and found out her name in quenya in "Aranel"
      than i
      decided on a "mode" i would like to use and that was Mode of Gondor
      becasue i really like the vowel marks it makes. from there i tried
      transcribe it, so that when i type it out on my keyboard it will
      spell
      it properly....thats where i got really confised, i was able to get
      the same outcome using the programs "tengscribe" and "dragon
      flame", i
      was just wondering if I could email my outcome to someone and have
      them tell me if that infact says "aranel" witch is Sarah....the
      reason
      i got so confused becasue i was reading that you when you type it
      its
      an alein setup and words can look like this "1h}4d]"
      any help would be greatly appreachiated
      -cbdyck
    • Palatinus
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 12, 2006
        --- colinbdyck <colinbdyck@...> έγραψε:

        > Sarah....the
        > reason
        > i got so confused becasue i was reading that you
        > when you type it
        > its
        > an alein setup and words can look like this "1h}4d]"
        > any help would be greatly appreachiated

        Don't get confused. Since tengwar are not a script
        compatible to Roman/Latin/English etc, font makers use
        an original arrangement on the keyboard, using even
        numbers, symbols and other non-typable characters for
        the letters, otherwise they wouldn't fit.

        In order to help us check your attempt, just type in
        your next mail this 'code' you see EXACTLY AS IT IS,
        with capital and miniscule letters.

        Good job so far!!!!

        Χρησιμοποιείτε Yahoo!;