Your input would be appreciated

  • mash_mjlord
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 2, 2006
      Hi,

      I'm working on, more accuratly trying to, translate samwise gamgee's
      line from the movies "Even darkness must pass" into quenya. This is
      what I've come up with: _paluva mornië mauya auta_

      I'm really not sure about the word for "even" though.

      I've also thought of "Even darkness shall pass" as:
      _paluva mornië autuva_

      I would greatly appreciate if you could let me know if i'm on the
      right track, and any input you may have would be greatly appreciated.

      Thank you,

      mj :)
    • Palatinus
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 3, 2006
        Please refer to the Elfling mailing list. This list is
        not for translations.

        Thank you

        > I'm working on, more accuratly trying to, translate
        > samwise gamgee's
        > line from the movies "Even darkness must pass" into
        > quenya. This is
        > what I've come up with: _paluva morniλ mauya auta_
        >
        > I'm really not sure about the word for "even"
        > though.
        >
        > I've also thought of "Even darkness shall pass" as:
        > _paluva morniλ autuva_
        >
        > I would greatly appreciate if you could let me know
        > if i'm on the
        > right track, and any input you may have would be
        > greatly appreciated.
        >
        > Thank you,
        >
        > mj :)

        Χρησιμοποιείτε Yahoo!;
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 3, 2006
          > I'm really not sure about the word for "even" though.

          I don't think we can do much better than _yando_ "also".

          _Yando mornie autuva_ is perhaps good enough for your purpose. But this was
          really a question for Elfling.

          - HKF