Re: Is italicising script changing it's meaning?

  • Rachel
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 21, 2006
      Thanks! I understand. I was just aware that accent-like tehtar are
      seperate letters to dot-like tehtar, and so i was considering
      keeping the script in italics/cursive but changing the tehtar
      for "ai" back to dots, just to be safe. BUT, if it's well understood
      amongst those who count (you wise peoples) that in cursive the
      tehtar style is changed for purely aesthetic reasons, without
      changing the pronunciation/meaning, then I'll keep the accent-like
      marks. Could it compare it to my own handwriting in english, which
      is quite old fashioned? Certain letters as I write them look
      different, even like other letters, and some people read them
      incorrectly. Others, like my friend who enters calligraphy
      competitions and who also has old-fashioned handwriting, read it as
      intended.

      Thankyou again :-)