Sarati vertical?

  • StonePagan
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 22, 2006
      Hi Folks--

      I am new to this list; 60 yrs old, live in Vermont, have a
      design-and-build company researching Hobbit houses; read LOTR first in
      191962, maybe 15-20 times since.

      Recently discovered the world of Tengwar/Sarati fonts. I love them!
      My question: with the Sarati fonts that can be written right to left
      and vertically: what software do I need to enable me to write this
      way--especially vertically?

      Thanks for any help.

      Peter the Pagan
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 23, 2006
        --- In elfscript@yahoogroups.com, "StonePagan" <tfe@...> wrote:

        > Hi Folks--
        >
        > I am new to this list; 60 yrs old, live in Vermont, have a
        > design-and-build company researching Hobbit houses; read LOTR first in
        > 191962, maybe 15-20 times since.
        >
        > Recently discovered the world of Tengwar/Sarati fonts. I love them!
        > My question: with the Sarati fonts that can be written right to left
        > and vertically: what software do I need to enable me to write this
        > way--especially vertically?
        >
        > Thanks for any help.
        >
        > Peter the Pagan

        Hello and welcome,

        perhaps this site will help you the most:

        http://at.mansbjorkman.net/

        Lucy aka Calwen Lacharnen
      • Palatinus
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 23, 2006
          > > Recently discovered the world of Tengwar/Sarati
          > fonts. I love them!
          > > My question: with the Sarati fonts that can be
          > written right to left
          > > and vertically: what software do I need to enable
          > me to write this
          > > way--especially vertically?

          I am not aware of any MS Word feature. I guess you
          have to do it by hand. That means press Enter after
          each character and two times Enter after a word.

          Using tables will help you with long texts.

          Χρησιμοποιείτε Yahoo!;
        • Peter Payne
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 23, 2006
            Thanks Lucy, but I already visited this site--unless I am missing
            something, all the info it has is:

            "Note: The fonts for writing right-to-left and vertically do not
            facilitate such writing by themselves. To actually be able to write in
            other directions than left-to-right, you must have software that
            supports this."

            Any other suggestions? Has anyone on the list written Sarati vertically?

            PP