repostint with the correct link

  • rohun_kimmy
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 12, 2005
      this is the correct link:

      hey.. i've really been trying to figure out the whole english script
      to teng script transcription thingy but i'm just not able to.. so i
      need help.. lot of it..

      Basically, i'm trying to transcribe a couple of words into tengwar..
      i downloaded the teng annatar font cause it looks real pretty or i
      dont mind using any other similar font..or i saw some photos
      posted.. it was called "forestat" .. or "sindarin words" ...those
      fonts were really neat.dont mind using them.. just need to know how
      to get there..

      i've attached the file in files.. so please check it out. its
      called "help rohun"

      i need to transcribe those words.. either directly from eng to
      teng.. or from quen to teng..preferably quen to teng..
      i've written down the quenya word for each eng word as well..
      so can anyone help me ? please? i'm in no hurry so u can take your
      time cause i know this is a lot to ask..

      any suggestions would be welcome..

      this is the link.. i hope it works
      http://f4.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/8C1xQ9OfbcGB-8SKp8DI-
      iqC3nCpf7onybzgHHWUypivlGtr9HdPSVonscainWI8aSIHKUdAPG2RZ-DHIlNww-
      lOxZ9XRd6aig/HELP%20ROHUN.doc

      thanks a bunch
      rohun
    • j_mach_wust
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 13, 2005
        rohun wrote:

        > this is the correct link:

        Appearently, the automatic text to link converter used on groups.yahoo
        can't handle space characters... Anyway, I was having some troubles
        with my browser that prevented me from downloading files redirected
        from another link...

        You have transcribed the phrase "come what may" in the tengwar annatar
        alt font first. This is not the right font for transcribing into
        tengwar, since it only contains certain additional characters that are
        not included in the real tengwar annatar font (so the font can be used
        in applications that don't have unicode support). That is to say only
        your second transcription is right, and more than that, I'd say it's
        just perfect (you'll notice it's identical to Danny's impeccable
        proposition)!