i know its a lot to ask...

  • rohun_kimmy
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 8, 2005
      hey.. i've really been trying to figure out the whole english script
      to teng script transcription thingy but i'm just not able to.. so i
      need help.. lot of it..

      Basically, i'm trying to transcribe a couple of words into tengwar..
      i downloaded the teng annatar font cause it looks real pretty or i
      dont mind using any other similar font..or i saw some photos
      posted.. it was called "forestat" .. or "sindarin words" ...those
      fonts were really neat.dont mind using them.. just need to know how
      to get there..

      i've attached the file in files.. so please check it out. its
      called "help rohun"

      i need to transcribe those words.. either directly from eng to
      teng.. or from quen to teng..preferably quen to teng..
      i've written down the quenya word for each eng word as well..
      so can anyone help me ? please? i'm in no hurry so u can take your
      time cause i know this is a lot to ask..

      any suggestions would be welcome..

      this is the link.. i hope it works
      http://f4.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/8C1xQ9OfbcGB-8SKp8DI-
      iqC3nCpf7onybzgHHWUypivlGtr9HdPSVonscainWI8aSIHKUdAPG2RZ-DHIlNww-
      lOxZ9XRd6aig/HELP%20ROHUN.doc

      thanks a bunch
      rohun
    • Jaster
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 9, 2005
        Link is broken....

        "http://f4.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/8C1xQ9OfbcGB-8SKp8DI-iqC3nCpf7onybzgHHWUypivlG
        tr9HdPSVonscainWI8aSIHKUdAPG2RZ-DHIlNww-lOxZ9XRd6aig/HELP%20ROHUN.doc"

        David

        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 9, 2005
          The correct link is:

          --- In elfscript@yahoogroups.com, "Jaster" <jaster@n...> wrote:

          > Link is broken....
          >
          > "http://f4.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/8C1xQ9OfbcGB-8SKp8DI-
          iqC3nCpf7onybzgHHWUypivlG
          > tr9HdPSVonscainWI8aSIHKUdAPG2RZ-DHIlNww-lOxZ9XRd6aig/HELP%20ROHUN.doc"
          >

          > David
        • i_degilbor
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 12, 2005
            Here is my take on it:

            http://pic6.picturetrail.com/VOL164/1356691/6139547/118525913.jpg

            There is bound to be some disagreement on how to write the word 'goes'
            in tengwar as there is no general concensus about how to represent a
            silent 'e' following a vowel. A dot below a carrier bearing the vowel
            tehta is a possible way, and that's what I usually do.