FW: If you had one question ...

    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 2, 2005
      Hello,

      in the light of Thorsten's post to the Elfling group (see #32607), what
      would be your question to Professor Tolkien concerning his writing
      systems? :)

      I'd be curious of many but the first coming up my mind is "Where, from
      whom and when did Sauron learn the Tengwar?" :) The other would concern
      the usage of the Certhas by the Elves in the time of Eregion before
      they fled there-out.

      Lucy
    • j_mach_wust
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 2, 2005
        Lucy wrote:
        > in the light of Thorsten's post to the Elfling group (see #32607),
        > what would be your question to Professor Tolkien concerning his
        > writing systems? :)
        >
        > I'd be curious of many but the first coming up my mind is "Where,
        > from whom and when did Sauron learn the Tengwar?" :) The other would
        > concern the usage of the Certhas by the Elves in the time of Eregion
        > before they fled there-out.

        I'd also be very interested in the origin of the general use.

        Another urgent question: What's the transcription of the vowel of
        _cup_ in a phonemic tehtar mode, or what's the transcription of
        _India_ in a phonemic tehtar mode?