Re: I transcribed "come what may" using online tengwar

  • j_mach_wust
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 29, 2005
      --- In elfscript@yahoogroups.com, "rohun_kimmy" <rohun_kimmy@y...> wrote:

      > I transcribed "come what may" using online tengwar
      > > transcriber". n i've attached the pic..
      > >
      > > zt^`V ³1E t`C`Û : this is the code that i got when
      > > i chose tengwar parmaite(input mode english)
      > >
      > > z.YtlT o1E tlR : this is the code when i used
      > > english 2002 mode..
      > >
      > > which eng mode should i use? are they both correct?

      Neither is correct, that is to say, neither is according to the ways
      Tolkien wrote. The safest transcription of the phrase you gave is
      according to traditional English spelling, since we're not sure about
      how Tolkien would have transcribed the vowel of "come". That is to
      say, the transcription should be as follows:

      zt^( o1E thE

      > > i'm not able to attach the photo to this mail...
      > > something wrong with my pc or internet connection i
      > > guess... but u should be able to make out from the
      > > codes above right?

      This group does not allow attachments.