help with translation for tattoo??

  • residentisz21
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 19, 2005
      I was wondering if someone could help me translate this phrase into
      Quenya using Tengwar.

      Carpe Diem
      Sieze the Day

      I've been hunting on the net all this week and its just so confusing,
      and some of the links on the "tengwar in reality" page dont work :(

      I'm hoping someone here can help me out..

      jeff
    • mac3295@comcast.net
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 19, 2005
        Great minds think alike. See the attached word document. I didn't do the Latin thing, just the English. I used YaTT to do the translation. If it needs tweeking, somebody tell me too, before I get this put on MY arm! :-)

        Chris

      • residentisz21
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 20, 2005
          there was no attachment man :(

          --- In elfscript@yahoogroups.com, mac3295@c... wrote:

          > Great minds think alike. See the attached word document. I didn't do
          the Latin thing, just the English. I used YaTT to do the translation.
          If it needs tweeking, somebody tell me too, before I get this put on
          MY arm! :-)

          > Chris

        • Palatinus
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 20, 2005
            please don't send files in the list, especially Word
            files. You can as well just copy/paste the 'code' in
            the body of the mail

            > Great minds think alike. See the attached word
            > document. I didn't do the Latin thing, just the
            > English. I used YaTT to do the translation. If it
            > needs tweeking, somebody tell me too, before I get
            > this put on MY arm! :-)

            Χρησιμοποιείτε Yahoo!;
          • mac3295@comcast.net
            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 20, 2005
              Sorry, it got stripped. See the code cut-n-pasted below. I hope you get the script instead of the untranslated code, but I doubt it.

              Seize the day (Quenya)

              8`V,T`V @ 2`C`�

              Seize the day (Cursive @ 36 pt.)

              8`V,T`V @ 2`C`�

              Chris

              Message 6 of 6 , Oct 21, 2005
                --- In elfscript@yahoogroups.com, mac3295@c... wrote:

                > Sorry, it got stripped. See the code cut-n-pasted below. I hope you
                get the script instead of the untranslated code, but I doubt it.

                > Seize the day (Quenya)
                >
                > 8`V,T`V @ 2`C`Û
                >
                > Seize the day (Cursive @ 36 pt.)
                >
                > 8`V,T`V @ 2`C`Û
                >
                > Chris

                Actually, it's all wrong... The English "Seize the Day" should be
                written with the code:

                8`V,TÉ @ 2hD

                BTW there is no difference in the above codes you've given - except
                the size of the letters.