Θέμα: [elfscript] Tengwar evolution

    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 9, 2005
      You mean something like the Tengwar Elfetica font?

      you can see this font at
      http://www.tengwar.art.pl/tengwar/fonty.php along with
      many others

      I hope you will find there what you think of

      > I've been playing with a thought, what would a
      > tengwar based
      > contemporal writing look like. No doubt they would
      > be different
      > to the tengwar of Tolkien's design. I was wondering
      > has anyone
      > else played with a similar thought?
      >
      > -----
      > Jussi Hattara
      > http://www.tenerdo.org/

      Χρησιμοποιείτε Yahoo!;
    • Jussi Hattara
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 9, 2005
        No. I meant a completely changed alphabet. Tengwar Elfetica
        and such are simply another typeface of the same alphabet.
        I just finished an alphabet that is definately based upon
        the Tengwar, but propably wouldn't be recognised as such
        with a single glance.

        The image I have done is currently somewhat different from
        the actual alphabet design, but pretty close to it. I'm not
        that good with computer art, so I took some shortcuts. It
        has some resemblance to modern greek, cyrillic and latin
        alphabets, but that's just because the shapes are easy to
        draw. The diacritics used with this evolutionary tengwar
        based alphabet are the same as with traditional Tengwar.

        The small letters are the older forms, closer to the
        traditional Tengwar. The capitals have developed from small
        letters, further distancing them from the traditional Tengwar.

        http://www.tenerdo.org/tengwar-evo.gif

        On Fri, 9 Sep 2005 15:58:35 +0100 (BST), Gildor Inglorion wrote
        > You mean something like the Tengwar Elfetica font?
        >
        > you can see this font at
        > http://www.tengwar.art.pl/tengwar/fonty.php along with
        > many others
        >
        > I hope you will find there what you think of
        >
        > > I've been playing with a thought, what would a
        > > tengwar based
        > > contemporal writing look like. No doubt they would
        > > be different
        > > to the tengwar of Tolkien's design. I was wondering
        > > has anyone
        > > else played with a similar thought?

        -----
        Jussi Hattara
        http://www.tenerdo.org/
      • anonmoos
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 19, 2005
          >--- Jussi Hattara wrote:

          >> I've been playing with a thought, what would a tengwar based
          >> contemporal writing look like. No doubt they would be different to
          >> the tengwar of Tolkien's design. I was wondering has anyone else
          >> played with a similar thought? - http://www.tenerdo.org/

          > You mean something like the Tengwar Elfetica font? you can see this
          > font at http://www.tengwar.art.pl/tengwar/fonty.php along with many
          > others I hope you will find there what you think of

          Actually, that's the original plain Elfetica font. The revised
          Tengwar Elfetica font (compatible with the Smith encoding, among a
          number of other changes), can be downloaded as part of the ZIP file
          at http://symbolictruth.fateback.com/tengwar-arabic-mode.htm