Re: Some translation help :)

  • pinkmokhi
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 31, 2005
      <helge.fauskanger@n...> wrote:
      > > Sorry, the quote should be 'Beauty lies in the eye of the beholder'
      >
      > _Vanesse caita i tirno hendesse_, then, if we go for a literal
      translation
      > using only attested vocabulary (_tirno_ "watcher" should do for
      > "beholder").
      >
      > Instead of _caita_ "lies" one might consider _mare_ "dwells, resides".
      >
      > - HKF

      Any you have come to my rescue again ;) Thanks so much :)
    • laurifindil
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 1 6:19 AM
        May I remind that Mr HKF is *not* a reincarnation of Pr Tolkien.

        Mr HKF was not abale to *learn* Quenya so as to be able to _translate_ from
        English to that language.
        To translate from one language to another you have to learn BOTH of them
        and be FLUENT (more or less).

        _Vanesse caita i tirno hendesse_ is *NOT* Quenya but a Home-made code.

        Enjoy "HKF-code" if you like it ! But DON'T call it Quenya fro it is not Quenya.

        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 1 12:18 PM
          umm... ok.... that was kind of hard to read..