Re: [elfscript] Re: HELP!!

    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 20, 2005
      > > Ok so i want to get a tattoo on my lower back and i want it to say
      "love" in elvish. I have been searching and searching but can not seem to
      find it. does anyone know what "love" looks like in elvish writing?!
      HELP!!!

      As Danny has already pointed out, there are essentially three options here:
      the English word "Love" in Tengwar letters (spelt either according to
      English orthography or English pronunciation), the Quenya word _melme_
      written in the normal Quenya mode, or Sindarin (Noldorin) _meleth_ written
      in one of the various known Sindarin modes.

      One suspects that the person presenting this request knows little about
      either "Elvish" or Tengwar writing, and imagines that that there is just
      one "Elvish" language and just one way of writing "Elvish" in Tengwar
      letters. Things are not that simple in Tolkienland. Yet it will be possible
      to provide a meaningful response and a suitable string of Tengwar, once the
      person asking the question learns what the options really are. But this is
      not the place to explain what Quenya, Sindarin, and indeed Tengwar are.

      Please go to Wikipedia, absorb some lore and come back clarifying what you
      really want.

      - HKF