New Version of Tengwar Elfica released

  • enrombel
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 25 7:23 AM
      Dear Elfscript members,

      After some months of work, I am happy to announce that a new version of
      Tengwar Elfica is available. Lamentably, the english version of the
      site is under construction, but the download page contains most of the
      files (english version) and the font.
      Find the files at:

      http://www.geocities.com/enrombell/Archivos.htm

      Main Page in Spanish

      http://www.geocities.com/enrombell/Indice.htm

      Main improvements:

      Elfica 3.001 is now an Unicode Font. Characters that were in Elfica-A
      have been included in the same font, range Latin Extended A.(see
      detailed tables).
      The form of ALL Tengwar and Tehtar has been improved.
      The spacing has been optimized.
      Some kerning pairs have been included.
      The font has manual hint for all glyphs (for small sizes on monitor)
      Mac compatibility improvements.
      The format remains TTF

      I will announce when the english version of the site is ready.
      Positive criticism and suggestions are always welcome.

      Enrombel
    • anonmoos
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 31 8:52 AM
        One VERY minor problem is that in the keyboard map in the
        documentation, you put the capital "Z" character (with stem both above
        and below) in place of the small "z" character (with stem only below).
        ;-)

        In my opinion, Elfica is one of the most successful fonts in being to
        some degree "calligraphic" without becoming completely a display
        font...

        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 2, 2005
          Hi anonmoos,

          Thank you very much for helping me to fix errors and for your
          comments. Problems fixed, new files available.

          Enrombel