Θέμα: [elfscript] Is this right??? =3F?=

    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 10 1:08 AM
      > Lorna, σrenya, cuilλnya, alassλnya

      As far as we know about Quenya (or neo-Quenya), it
      looks good to me, only that the dots over the e are to
      be used only in final e (and even then, they are not
      used in tengwar)

      In tengwar it could look like this

      http://www.tengwar.art.pl/tengwar/ott/obrazek.php?f=p&s=40&t=LWpZNjUjPSB+TjdSNcwjPSBhbFVqUjXMIz0gYENqRSxSNcwjLQ==

      The text that you must copy in word, and then choose
      the font, is

      -jY65#= ~N7R5Ì#= alUjR5Ì#= `CjE,R5Ì#-

      I don't propose to use tengwar Gandalf. This has the
      Lambe letter inverted, and also I don't know if it
      uses the 'Daniel Smith'-keymapping

      Χρησιμοποιείτε Yahoo!;
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 11 6:07 PM
        kurganbluesntrouble wrote:

        > Before I make a complete ass of myself and get a tattoo of something
        I've translated and transcribed myself,can some kind person please tell me
        if I have got it right? I wish to translate Lorna, my heart, my life, my
        happiness

        > Lorna, órenya, cuilënya, alassënya

        Well, the letter spelling "e" should be "ë" only at the end of words (hence
        _cuilenya, alassenya_ because an ending follows so that the -e- is not
        final), but this is only a trivial matter of transcription.

        Your wording seems correct as far as grammar goes, but I'd go for _endanya_
        instead of _órenya_ for "my heart". Sometimes Tolkien did translate _órë_
        as "heart" or "inner mind", but the word has more specific meanings as
        well. _Enda_ is a more neutral term for "heart" (not the physical
        blood-pump, which is _hón_, but the symbolic "heart" that really refers to
        a person's mind).

        - HKF