Is this right????

  • kurganbluesntrouble
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 9 5:00 PM
      Hi everyone,
      Before I make a complete ass of myself and get a tattoo of something
      I've translated and transcribed myself,can some kind person please
      tell me if I have got it right?
      I wish to translate
      Lorna, my heart, my life, my happiness

      Now is this right-

      Lorna, órenya, cuilënya, alassënya

      Many thanks in advance for nay help or advice!

      Campbell
      Scotland
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 10 1:08 AM
        > Lorna, σrenya, cuilλnya, alassλnya

        As far as we know about Quenya (or neo-Quenya), it
        looks good to me, only that the dots over the e are to
        be used only in final e (and even then, they are not
        used in tengwar)

        In tengwar it could look like this

        http://www.tengwar.art.pl/tengwar/ott/obrazek.php?f=p&s=40&t=LWpZNjUjPSB+TjdSNcwjPSBhbFVqUjXMIz0gYENqRSxSNcwjLQ==

        The text that you must copy in word, and then choose
        the font, is

        -jY65#= ~N7R5Ì#= alUjR5Ì#= `CjE,R5Ì#-

        I don't propose to use tengwar Gandalf. This has the
        Lambe letter inverted, and also I don't know if it
        uses the 'Daniel Smith'-keymapping

        Χρησιμοποιείτε Yahoo!;
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 11 6:07 PM
          kurganbluesntrouble wrote:

          > Before I make a complete ass of myself and get a tattoo of something
          I've translated and transcribed myself,can some kind person please tell me
          if I have got it right? I wish to translate Lorna, my heart, my life, my
          happiness

          > Lorna, órenya, cuilënya, alassënya

          Well, the letter spelling "e" should be "ë" only at the end of words (hence
          _cuilenya, alassenya_ because an ending follows so that the -e- is not
          final), but this is only a trivial matter of transcription.

          Your wording seems correct as far as grammar goes, but I'd go for _endanya_
          instead of _órenya_ for "my heart". Sometimes Tolkien did translate _órë_
          as "heart" or "inner mind", but the word has more specific meanings as
          well. _Enda_ is a more neutral term for "heart" (not the physical
          blood-pump, which is _hón_, but the symbolic "heart" that really refers to
          a person's mind).

          - HKF