Can you help me?? ELVISH LOVE RING

  • dlovep3
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 6, 2005
      hellow everybody,

      This must be an easy question for you guys.

      i have an elvish love ring

      One ring to show our love,
      One ring to bind us,
      One ring to seal our love,
      And forever to entwine us

      Can someone give me the translation how to type it in my computer??

      I want to make an tattoo of it with my lover...can you help me?? thank
      you
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 6, 2005
        The particular ring has an english text written in
        tengwar, but using an unsuitable mode.

        To explain myself: tengwar have various modes and
        rules to write many languages, Middle-earth ones, AND
        real world ones, like English

        This ring, unfortunately, has the english text, but
        written in a mode used for Quenya unsuitable for
        english because they are different languages. Imagine
        like writing a Japanese phrase in Roman letters, but
        using French spelling

        We can propose a possible way to right it in English
        mode tengwar, but it will be different than the
        inscription on your ring: our attempt will be somehow
        more correct...

        > hellow everybody,
        >
        > This must be an easy question for you guys.
        >
        > i have an elvish love ring
        >
        > One ring to show our love,
        > One ring to bind us,
        > One ring to seal our love,
        > And forever to entwine us
        >
        > Can someone give me the translation how to type it
        > in my computer??
        >
        > I want to make an tattoo of it with my lover...can
        > you help me?? thank
        > you

        Χρησιμοποιείτε Yahoo!;
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 7, 2005
          --- In elfscript@yahoogroups.com, "dlovep3" <dlovep3@y...> wrote:
          > This must be an easy question for you guys.

          Oh, why do you think so? ;)

          > i have an elvish love ring
          >
          > One ring to show our love,
          > One ring to bind us,
          > One ring to seal our love,
          > And forever to entwine us
          >
          > Can someone give me the translation how to type it in my computer??

          Do I get it correct that you want this in "Elvish letters", i.e. the
          ones that are for example on the One Ring of Sauron or on the Gate of
          Moria?

          > I want to make an tattoo of it with my lover...can you help me??

          Sure! Well, at least, we can try :)
          So, you first need to download the "Elvish" fonts to your computer:
          http://www.acondia.com/font_tengwar/index.html
          http://web.comhem.se/~u86023928/at/parmaite.htm
          http://home.student.uu.se/j/jowi4905/fonts/annatar.html

          And then, if you want to write it down yourself, you'd need some time
          for your own study hour, which would paradoxically take more than one
          hour if you're not a genius :)
          The very first source for learning is the Appendix E of the Lord of
          the Rings / The Return of the King.

          Then, online, a very nice guide is provided by Måns Björkman on
          his site Amanye Tenceli:
          http://web.comhem.se/~u86023928/at/index.html

          Other internet guides can be found here:
          sweb.cz/calwen.rudh/Fonts&guides.htm

          If you'd prefer us to do the work for you (it means that we would
          provide you with the picture of that text of yours in Tengwar / or
          Runes), no problem, just let us know.

          Lucy

          P.S. Hope the others - Elfscripters - don't mind I speak for them
          too... Which means I'm not speaking about myself in plural :)
        • danny van beek
          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 7, 2005
            Well if u can help me ....please....i just need to type it in windows word.........i have the font tengwar cursive.........

            and if i am right it wil look like the picture but only in one straight line...thank you very much

            Message 5 of 7 , Jul 8, 2005
              --- In elfscript@yahoogroups.com, danny van beek <dlovep3@y...> wrote:

              > Well if u can help me ....please....i just need to type it in
              windows word.........i have the font tengwar cursive.........

              Since the Tengwar Annatar Italic font meets the original in the most
              accurate way, I propose you download the font package (I gave you the
              link in the previous message). These letters copy to your Word Editor
              and change it to Tengwar Annatar:

              5^È 7b% 1`N dyH yH6 jrYÈ
              5^È 7b% 1`N w2%{ iJ
              5^È 7b% 1`N 8`Vj# yH6 jr^È
              2#{ e7Hr$6F 1`N 1F[y5%È iJ

              Or if you want it in one row then:

              » 5^È 7b% 1`N dyH yH6 jrYÈ = 5^È 7b% 1`N w2%{ iJ =
              5^È 7b% 1`N 8`Vj# yH6 jr^È = 2#{ e7Hr$6F 1`N 1F[y5%È iJ «

              The signs » and « are in Tengwar Annatar Alt font so you'd need to do
              this little change too.

              If you're successful, you should have this on the screen:

              groups.yahoo.com/group/elfscript/files/calwen76/Danny_ring.gif

              However, I'd like to ask the others to check the transcription I've
              done. I guess Danny wanted the tehta mode, not the full mode since he
              sent me this picture:

              groups.yahoo.com/group/elfscript/files/calwen76/elvishLOVE.gif

              Thanks!
              Message 6 of 7 , Jul 8, 2005
                --- In elfscript@yahoogroups.com, I wrote:
                [...]
                > 5^È 7b% 1`N dyH yH6 jrYÈ
                > 5^È 7b% 1`N w2%{ iJ
                > 5^È 7b% 1`N 8`Vj# yH6 jr^È
                > 2#{ e7Hr$6F 1`N 1F[y5%È iJ
                >
                > Or if you want it in one row then:
                >
                > » 5^È 7b% 1`N dyH yH6 jrYÈ = 5^È 7b% 1`N w2%{ iJ =
                > 5^È 7b% 1`N 8`Vj# yH6 jr^È = 2#{ e7Hr$6F 1`N 1F[y5%È iJ «
                [...]

                Now I realized that this code includes some letters that might occur
                incorrectly due to another type of the keyboard... So, if someone could
                provide a better code, it'd be great.
                Thank you.
                Message 7 of 7 , Jul 8, 2005
                  btw here is a pic of the love ring flaws

                  http://f1.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/gDLOQhaWj5RTsuE_JKtnwfmJmf9XZt6uFAlTJmGSUFO_w8rKPiZZikRKBSwqLmAMd4Sq5HNK9ao0K4z0Emb5_VIsUfNPAg/LoveRing.jpg

                  Χρησιμοποιείτε Yahoo!;