Re: ÈÝìá: [elfscript] Tengwar and Slavic languages

  • i_degilbor
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 14 9:59 PM
      I came across a tengwar mode devised by a Bulgarian Tolkien fan for
      Old Church Slavonic. It's a full-writing mode. Slavic languages are
      not my forte, but the assignment of the tengwar looks pretty logical,
      with one exception: the use of esse nuquerna for izhitsa bothers me.
      But since izhitsa is such a seldom used letter, I can overlook that. I
      copied the mode using the appropriate fonts. It can be found here:

      http://pic6.picturetrail.com/VOL164/1356691/7618463/100661537.jpg

      There was also the beginning of the Lord's Prayer in Old Church
      Slavonic:

      http://pic6.picturetrail.com/VOL164/1356691/7618463/100661628.jpg

      Cuio mae, Danny.
    • melroch@melroch.se
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 15 3:42 AM
        Citerar i_degilbor <Uialdil_i_degilbor@...>:

        > I came across a tengwar mode devised by a Bulgarian Tolkien fan for
        > Old Church Slavonic. It's a full-writing mode. Slavic languages are
        > not my forte, but the assignment of the tengwar looks pretty logical,
        > with one exception: the use of esse nuquerna for izhitsa bothers me.
        > But since izhitsa is such a seldom used letter, I can overlook that. I
        > copied the mode using the appropriate fonts. It can be found here:

        The use of Anna for 'o' in a mode otherwise using the kalmatéma for palatals is
        somewhat bothering for me! I'm not exactly sure how I would do, though. And I
        would use Wilya without stem for hard jer; after all it WAS a full vowel in
        OCS!

        BTW I'm rethinking my Slavic tehtya mode(s) ATM. More later.

        /Melroch