[elfscript] Runes? (II part)

  • Fradeve Virgilio
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 27 7:44 AM
      Ok, now I will correct my question:

      Exists any attested example in wich Elvish languages are written with runes?
      (any kind of elvish language, of course.)

      And

      According to you, wich could be the best runes mode to write Quenya and the
      best for Sindarin (according naturally each mode to Middle-earth's language
      migrations and [r]evolutions.)

      Thanks

      Fradeve

      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 27 8:14 AM
        > Exists any attested example in wich Elvish languages
        > are written with runes?
        > (any kind of elvish language, of course.)

        I think my reply was clear... I said there isn't, both
        according to my knowledge and the list i sent

        > According to you, wich could be the best runes mode
        > to write Quenya and the
        > best for Sindarin (according naturally each mode to
        > Middle-earth's language
        > migrations and [r]evolutions.)

        best in what sense? which is the best language to
        speak? english or french?

        certhas daeron was made for sindarin, angerthas daeron
        was an extension made for Quenya as well, and of couse
        Sindarin could be written also

        Dwarves could write in Quenya and Sindarin i believe,
        with their modes

        waht you must have in mind is the context: are you
        writing a fan fiction or an rpg adventure? are you
        going just to make an inscription?

        If you are going to write something 'coming from'
        Doriath, then Certhas Daeron it is... if you are
        erferring to the Elves of the Second Age, then
        Angerthas Daeron (or Angerthas Eregion as they call
        it)

        if you are making a story about a man from Rhovanion
        or a Dwarf from Erebor, then you should write in
        Angerthas Erebor