Re: [elfscript] Re: Did everybody start to write like Sauron?

    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 24, 2005
      > This means that we'd have to assume that at the
      > stage of The Lord of
      > the Rings, there were a different Adϋnaic mode, not
      > that one seen in
      > DTS 50, because the latter one cannot be the
      > precursor of the "general
      > use".

      that's a better way to state my concept

      > How does this correspond to the Adϋnaic phonology?
      > If I remember
      > correctly, then the phonology provided in Sauron
      > Defeated does not
      > have the sounds TH and DH.

      I remember that some (many? all?) consider the
      LOTR-Adunaic different than the TNCP-Adunaic...

      of the former we have only names and zero grammar, but
      there are is some evidence that they aren't totally
      the same.

      not only because of the sounds TH and SH (d is next to
      s so i think by DH you meant SH) but also because some
      words 'clash' together (dair vs aban for 'earth' and
      gimli vs azar for 'star', while azra means 'sea')