Re: Runes?

    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 18 1:49 AM
      > > Are there particular rules in this sense?
      >
      > I think some details you can find at
      > http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/History_of_Elven_writing_systems
      >
      > AFAIK it's the only document that discusses each cirth
      > mode indepedently

      If you'd prefer Tolkien's own work: in Treason of Isengard, there is a
      good piece of work on Runes, and of course, the Appendix E of the LotR.

      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 18 2:07 AM
        > If you'd prefer Tolkien's own work: in Treason of
        > Isengard, there is a
        > good piece of work on Runes, and of course, the
        > Appendix E of the LotR.

        but the 'runes of pengolodh' belong to a different
        stage of conception?

        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 18 3:29 AM
          > > If you'd prefer Tolkien's own work: in Treason of
          > > Isengard, there is a
          > > good piece of work on Runes, and of course, the
          > > Appendix E of the LotR.
          >
          > but the 'runes of pengolodh' belong to a different
          > stage of conception?

          You mean the 'Alphabet of [Pengolod >] Dairon' [sic]? I am not sure
          what stage this is but it is for sure a good basis and primer for
          learning Cirth, if not a prime source together with examples seen in
          the LotR (for more info see http://www.forodrim.org/daeron/mdics.html).
        • Fradeve Virgilio
          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 20 1:16 PM
            Oh, thanks!