Re: [elfscript] Digest Number 155

  • DDanielA@webtv.net
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 15, 2002
      Okay, I too was confused. After all, an alphabet is a complement or
      arrangement of letters. What was so clear to you was not so clear to the
      rest of us. And apparently not as clear to you as you thought, either.
      She was NOT looking for a 'font or something similar'...so much for the
      'Duh' comment. She was looking for help transcribing Eldarin words into
      tengwar. I hope I helped her somewhat on the Elfling list. Before you
      begin criticising Gildor, it should be known that on the Elfling list he
      fields a large number of newbies' questions that many don't want to take
      the time to deal with. He patiently suggests the Quenya course on
      Ardalambion, for example, over and over because the newbies don't read
      the posts in the archives before they dive right in and ask a question
      that was asked the day before. He answers questions that they would have
      found answers to if they had bothered to read Elfling's FAQ. He has
      infinitely more patience than I. We welcome questions; we've had
      questions, too. What we don't like seeing is, to paraphrase a past
      example, "I want someone to tell me how to say [such-and-such] in
      Elvish. I could look it up, but I'm too lazy and want someone else to do
      all the work for me." THAT is my idea of rude, not a light remark noting
      that a request was not very clear. If you have a question, Dianne,
      please ask it. We just want to make sure that we know what the question
      is. We're all here to help each other learn something we have a common
      interest in.