Re: English transcription-Thanks Calwen76

  • Rachel
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 24, 2005
      Hi Calwen76,

      Gee- I'm so glad I came to this group for some guidance. You make
      some very interesting, and I must say convincing, points as to why I
      should not use a "Sindarin" translation of my phrase. I admit that I
      like certainty (I am, after all, a scientist), and therefore am a
      little concerned about your point that I would actually be unable to
      verify the accuracy of any "Neo-Sindarin translation". I did the
      transcription in Tengwar for English and it did look quite nice.

      That said, I'd still like to check my revised translation with
      Elfling and hope for some sort of a consensus on it. If I got that I
      would be comfortable with using it. Uncertainty is sometimes a good
      thing, and I can't help it- I just like the Neo-Sindarin version.

      Thanks again,

      Rachel.