Re: Newbe transcription problem

    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 18, 2005
      --- In elfscript@yahoogroups.com, "pengrons_friend"
      <pengrons_friend@y...> wrote:
      > "Until next we meet may you find peace and have sweet dreams, my
      > friend",
      >
      > Which I have translated as closely as I could as:
      >
      > "Nan lû I agovaded vîn no gerich nen hîdh a garo elei vaer guren
      > mellon"
      >
      > (An actual translation of "To the time of our meeting be you in
      > peace and have good dreams, my friend").

      Did you have this checked on Elfling?!?!?! It reads: *_To the times
      of our meeting be [you#] have/hold water peace and have/hold good
      dreams my heart, friend._
      # the pronominal ending _-ich_ is not determined by Tolkien (not
      translated).

      > Basically I transcribed the sentence myself using a Daniel
      > Smith "standard mode" Sindarin chart, but I get a very diferent
      > result from Tengscribe.

      The Tengscribe sentence is in the mode of Beleriand. And it's - with
      few exceptions - correct. Though, if the sentence is not gramatically
      correct, the transcription isn't so either...

      Wouldn't you like to have the English sentence transcribed in
      Tengwar? It would be much more better in the sake of correctness.

      I think you need to learn how to write the ómatehtar (vowel tehtar)
      on your computer. Download the Tengwar Annatar file:

      http://home.student.uu.se/j/jowi4905/fonts/annatar.html

      There is a file called tngan.doc (a .pdf file) where you will find (I
      hope) solution for your little problem. :)

      Keep going! And, more questions are welcome :)

      Cheers,