Re: hi

    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 17, 2005
      > > The best start is the Lord of the Rings / the Return
      > > of the King,
      > > Appendix E. The tons of information on the net are
      > > secondary sources,
      > > in many cases not worth reading.
      >
      > http://greenbooks.theonering.net/ostadan/files/020201.html
      >
      > http://hem.passagen.se/mansb/at
      >
      > http://www.forodrim.org/daeron/md_teng_primers.html
      > (highly recommended)

      Opening the Google.com search engine - entering _Tolkien's Writing
      Systems_ - getting a result of 19,800 (nineteen thousand eight
      hundred) results - if I take into account the run of the engine and
      consider only 10% of these links, it's still 1,980 (one thousand nine
      hundred and eighty) links. Do I need to continue my idea or you got
      it? I simply won't propose to a BEGINNER to start on the net when
      there is a PRIMERY source. If the beginner doesn't understand some
      features after the study of the Appendix E (or/and other PRIMERY
      sources), there are other steps: to ask here for help directly or to
      ask/search for the links.
      I like the sources you've mentioned above but they have been and will
      be secondary sources.
      Hope you got my point. :)
      Message 2 of 11 , Mar 17, 2005
        Appendix E is a bit complicated... even today i cannot
        fully understand it, unless i keep notes and then
        refer to them

        imagine a book saying 'George was born after Nicolas,
        but between, the War begun'... the secondary sources
        try to make it clearer and say 'Nicolas was born, then
        the War began, and George was born'

        i understand what you say about the links, however the
        latter (Tengwar Primers) is just a practical and more
        presentable interpretation of the App. E

        Message 3 of 11 , Mar 17, 2005
          > Appendix E is a bit complicated... even today i cannot
          > fully understand it, unless i keep notes and then
          > refer to them
          >
          > imagine a book saying 'George was born after Nicolas,
          > but between, the War begun'... the secondary sources
          > try to make it clearer and say 'Nicolas was born, then
          > the War began, and George was born'
          >
          > i understand what you say about the links, however the
          > latter (Tengwar Primers) is just a practical and more
          > presentable interpretation of the App. E

          I know it's a bit complicated - and what in Tolkien's world isn't? :)
          Answers no doubt follow after/while reading/studying it. But the
          Appendix E is the best start if one wants to learn how to write in
          Tengwar - you at least get used to the fact that it's not that
          easy! :)

          Lucy
        • dorie-chabot689@iyugf.info
          Message 4 of 11 , Apr 8, 2007
            Hey John, it was really fun going out the other night and talking, while we were out you said that you felt insecure about your manhood, i noticed in the toilets you were quite small in that area : ) , but not to worry.. that website that i was telling you about is my secret weapon to an extra 3 in, trust me.. girls love bigger ones, i’ve had 5 times as many chicks since i used these pills a year ago. The package i used was the 6 month supply one, and its worth every cent and more.. the website is http://www.auhua.net/eisn
            Ring me on the weekend and we will go out and drink again and let you know some more secrets : ).
            Later dude, Brad