Re: hi

    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 17 4:49 AM
      --- In elfscript@yahoogroups.com, "danieltumalad"
      <danieltumalad@y...> wrote:

      > hi, are you kidding?

      Good point.

      > there are tons of information on the net

      The best start is the Lord of the Rings / the Return of the King,
      Appendix E. The tons of information on the net are secondary sources,
      in many cases not worth reading.

      Lucy
    • Steph
      Message 2 of 11 , Mar 17 6:35 AM
        thanks guys, that will get me started. oh and happy st. patty's day
        to ya from the little folk, now wheres my lucky chrams?
        Message 3 of 11 , Mar 17 12:23 PM
          > The best start is the Lord of the Rings / the Return
          > of the King,
          > Appendix E. The tons of information on the net are
          > secondary sources,
          > in many cases not worth reading.

          http://greenbooks.theonering.net/ostadan/files/020201.html

          http://hem.passagen.se/mansb/at

          http://www.forodrim.org/daeron/md_teng_primers.html
          (highly recommended)

          Message 4 of 11 , Mar 17 11:17 PM
            > > The best start is the Lord of the Rings / the Return
            > > of the King,
            > > Appendix E. The tons of information on the net are
            > > secondary sources,
            > > in many cases not worth reading.
            >
            > http://greenbooks.theonering.net/ostadan/files/020201.html
            >
            > http://hem.passagen.se/mansb/at
            >
            > http://www.forodrim.org/daeron/md_teng_primers.html
            > (highly recommended)

            Opening the Google.com search engine - entering _Tolkien's Writing
            Systems_ - getting a result of 19,800 (nineteen thousand eight
            hundred) results - if I take into account the run of the engine and
            consider only 10% of these links, it's still 1,980 (one thousand nine
            hundred and eighty) links. Do I need to continue my idea or you got
            it? I simply won't propose to a BEGINNER to start on the net when
            there is a PRIMERY source. If the beginner doesn't understand some
            features after the study of the Appendix E (or/and other PRIMERY
            sources), there are other steps: to ask here for help directly or to
            ask/search for the links.
            I like the sources you've mentioned above but they have been and will
            be secondary sources.
            Hope you got my point. :)
            Message 5 of 11 , Mar 17 11:37 PM
              Appendix E is a bit complicated... even today i cannot
              fully understand it, unless i keep notes and then
              refer to them

              imagine a book saying 'George was born after Nicolas,
              but between, the War begun'... the secondary sources
              try to make it clearer and say 'Nicolas was born, then
              the War began, and George was born'

              i understand what you say about the links, however the
              latter (Tengwar Primers) is just a practical and more
              presentable interpretation of the App. E

              Message 6 of 11 , Mar 17 11:48 PM
                > Appendix E is a bit complicated... even today i cannot
                > fully understand it, unless i keep notes and then
                > refer to them
                >
                > imagine a book saying 'George was born after Nicolas,
                > but between, the War begun'... the secondary sources
                > try to make it clearer and say 'Nicolas was born, then
                > the War began, and George was born'
                >
                > i understand what you say about the links, however the
                > latter (Tengwar Primers) is just a practical and more
                > presentable interpretation of the App. E

                I know it's a bit complicated - and what in Tolkien's world isn't? :)
                Answers no doubt follow after/while reading/studying it. But the
                Appendix E is the best start if one wants to learn how to write in
                Tengwar - you at least get used to the fact that it's not that
                easy! :)

                Lucy
              • dorie-chabot689@iyugf.info
                Message 7 of 11 , Apr 8, 2007
                  Hey John, it was really fun going out the other night and talking, while we were out you said that you felt insecure about your manhood, i noticed in the toilets you were quite small in that area : ) , but not to worry.. that website that i was telling you about is my secret weapon to an extra 3 in, trust me.. girls love bigger ones, i’ve had 5 times as many chicks since i used these pills a year ago. The package i used was the 6 month supply one, and its worth every cent and more.. the website is http://www.auhua.net/eisn
                  Ring me on the weekend and we will go out and drink again and let you know some more secrets : ).
                  Later dude, Brad