Re: [elfscript] Re: Inscription Verification

  • Harri Perälä
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 11, 2005
      i_degilbor wrote:
      > Teithant Sean:
      >>The English one I *think* looks
      >>right...but I am no more than a novice at best with the
      >>translations.
      >
      > I would do a few things differently in the English version:
      > http://pic6.picturetrail.com/VOL164/1356691/6139547/88533301.jpg

      Also, don't use Tengwar Cursive. It is too incomplete to work correctly
      with transcriber programs. In your original transcription, a tilde or
      bar was missing in "all", presumably because of this reason. As you can
      see in Danny's version, Tengwar Annatar italic looks better, and besides
      that, it contains all the characters you will need.

      Harri Perälä
    • Sean
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 11, 2005
        --- In elfscript@yahoogroups.com, Harri Perälä <harri.perala@l...>
        wrote:
        > i_degilbor wrote:
        > > Teithant Sean:
        > >>The English one I *think* looks
        > >>right...but I am no more than a novice at best with the
        > >>translations.
        > >
        > > I would do a few things differently in the English version:
        > > http://pic6.picturetrail.com/VOL164/1356691/6139547/88533301.jpg
        >
        > Also, don't use Tengwar Cursive. It is too incomplete to work
        correctly
        > with transcriber programs. In your original transcription, a tilde
        or
        > bar was missing in "all", presumably because of this reason. As
        you can
        > see in Danny's version, Tengwar Annatar italic looks better, and
        besides
        > that, it contains all the characters you will need.
        >
        > Harri Perälä

        Ahh, thank you much for that suggestion. I thought those bars
        looked funny, I'll try out the Tengwar Annatar now. I'll ask about
        the Quenya translation over at elfling. Thanks again to both of you
        for the help.
        -Sean