Re: Inscription Verification

  • i_degilbor
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 9, 2005
      Teithant Sean:
      > The first is in the Tehta Mode for English
      > and the second is in Quenya. The English one I *think* looks
      > right...but I am no more than a novice at best with the
      > translations. The Quenya translation I am very unsure about, but
      > hopefully someone can provide some insight.

      I would do a few things differently in the English version:
      http://pic6.picturetrail.com/VOL164/1356691/6139547/88533301.jpg

      I would strongly recommend having your Quenya translation checked on
      Elfling before transcribing it into tengwar.

      Cuio mae, Danny.
    • Harri Perälä
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 11, 2005
        i_degilbor wrote:
        > Teithant Sean:
        >>The English one I *think* looks
        >>right...but I am no more than a novice at best with the
        >>translations.
        >
        > I would do a few things differently in the English version:
        > http://pic6.picturetrail.com/VOL164/1356691/6139547/88533301.jpg

        Also, don't use Tengwar Cursive. It is too incomplete to work correctly
        with transcriber programs. In your original transcription, a tilde or
        bar was missing in "all", presumably because of this reason. As you can
        see in Danny's version, Tengwar Annatar italic looks better, and besides
        that, it contains all the characters you will need.

        Harri Perälä
      • Sean
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 11, 2005
          --- In elfscript@yahoogroups.com, Harri Perälä <harri.perala@l...>
          wrote:
          > i_degilbor wrote:
          > > Teithant Sean:
          > >>The English one I *think* looks
          > >>right...but I am no more than a novice at best with the
          > >>translations.
          > >
          > > I would do a few things differently in the English version:
          > > http://pic6.picturetrail.com/VOL164/1356691/6139547/88533301.jpg
          >
          > Also, don't use Tengwar Cursive. It is too incomplete to work
          correctly
          > with transcriber programs. In your original transcription, a tilde
          or
          > bar was missing in "all", presumably because of this reason. As
          you can
          > see in Danny's version, Tengwar Annatar italic looks better, and
          besides
          > that, it contains all the characters you will need.
          >
          > Harri Perälä

          Ahh, thank you much for that suggestion. I thought those bars
          looked funny, I'll try out the Tengwar Annatar now. I'll ask about
          the Quenya translation over at elfling. Thanks again to both of you
          for the help.
          -Sean