Re: On long vowels (and remark on DTS 55)

  • j_mach_wust
    Message 1 of 14 , Feb 8, 2005
      --- In elfscript@yahoogroups.com, "Fradeve Virgilio" <fradeve11@v...>
      > the method I'll use: probably writing all the long vowels but _a_
      > with double tehtar and only the _a_ with a long carrier could appear
      > contradictory.

      This is attested in DTS 55. Even the i-tehta is doubled, even though
      app. E mentions only the doubling of the curls and the acute.

      Anyway, that specimen is not written very consistently: The a-tehta is
      sometimes written and sometimes not, and the sign for following y is
      sometimes written with two dots above (three times) and sometimes with
      three dots above (two times).

    • Fradeve Virgilio
      Message 2 of 14 , Feb 14, 2005
        Lot of thanks for clarification: now I’m writing ALL long vowels on long
        carriers.
        I think it should be the most clear in direct method.

        Regards

        Fradeve V

        _____

        > the method I'll use: probably writing all the long vowels but _a_
        > with double tehtar and only the _a_ with a long carrier could appear
        > contradictory.

        This is attested in DTS 55. Even the i-tehta is doubled, even though
        app. E mentions only the doubling of the curls and the acute.

        Anyway, that specimen is not written very consistently: The a-tehta is
        sometimes written and sometimes not, and the sign for following y is
        sometimes written with two dots above (three times) and sometimes with
        three dots above (two times).

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129ek1bpg/M=298184.6018725.7038619.3001176/D=gr
        oups/S=1705218811:HM/EXP=1107995367/A=2532114/R=2/SIG=12k6cpgtr/*http:/clk.a
        tdmt.com/NFX/go/yhxxxnfx0020000014nfx/direct/01/&time=1107908967339508>

        <http://view.atdmt.com/NFX/view/yhxxxnfx0020000014nfx/direct/01/&time=110790
        8967339508>

        :HM/A=2532114/rand=783575183>

        _____