R: R: [elfscript] On long vowels

  • Fradeve Virgilio
    Message 1 of 14 , Feb 8, 2005
      Aiya,

      first of all, thanks to Hísilómë, Gildor Inglorion, Calwen 76 and Danny.
      So, this unexpected clarification will permit me to terminate my work.
      I will use probably the “long carrier mode”, given that the “double tehta
      mode” had a complication:
      the vowel _a_ can’t be doubled on a tengwa (or on a carrier), since it’s
      composed by 3 dots.
      I think that the long carrier mode will be more clear and directly
      understandable and I want to unify
      the method I’ll use: probably writing all the long vowels but _a_ with
      double tehtar and only the _a_ with a long carrier could appear
      contradictory.
      So, long life to the “long carrier mode”! ;)

      Regards

      Fradeve V

      _____

      Message 2 of 14 , Feb 8, 2005
        --- In elfscript@yahoogroups.com, "Fradeve Virgilio" <fradeve11@v...>
        > the method I'll use: probably writing all the long vowels but _a_
        > with double tehtar and only the _a_ with a long carrier could appear
        > contradictory.

        This is attested in DTS 55. Even the i-tehta is doubled, even though
        app. E mentions only the doubling of the curls and the acute.

        Anyway, that specimen is not written very consistently: The a-tehta is
        sometimes written and sometimes not, and the sign for following y is
        sometimes written with two dots above (three times) and sometimes with
        three dots above (two times).

      • Fradeve Virgilio
        Message 3 of 14 , Feb 14, 2005
          Lot of thanks for clarification: now I’m writing ALL long vowels on long
          carriers.
          I think it should be the most clear in direct method.

          Regards

          Fradeve V

          _____

          > the method I'll use: probably writing all the long vowels but _a_
          > with double tehtar and only the _a_ with a long carrier could appear
          > contradictory.

          This is attested in DTS 55. Even the i-tehta is doubled, even though
          app. E mentions only the doubling of the curls and the acute.

          Anyway, that specimen is not written very consistently: The a-tehta is
          sometimes written and sometimes not, and the sign for following y is
          sometimes written with two dots above (three times) and sometimes with
          three dots above (two times).

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

          <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129ek1bpg/M=298184.6018725.7038619.3001176/D=gr
          oups/S=1705218811:HM/EXP=1107995367/A=2532114/R=2/SIG=12k6cpgtr/*http:/clk.a
          tdmt.com/NFX/go/yhxxxnfx0020000014nfx/direct/01/&time=1107908967339508>

          <http://view.atdmt.com/NFX/view/yhxxxnfx0020000014nfx/direct/01/&time=110790
          8967339508>

          :HM/A=2532114/rand=783575183>

          _____