Yet ANOTHER tattoo junkie

  • quallianmaghouin
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 7, 2005
      I've kind of muddled through it, and have a vauge, maybe-kinda right transcription, but I
      think I need help.

      I'm planning to get my moria-gate star cleaned up over spring break and have decided to
      get the quote tattoos I've been wanting. Legolas' "my heart bids me go on" on my left foot
      Gimli's "And all weariness will fall from me" on my right.

      I'm kind of fuzzy on just what type of script I need for Legolas' quote. I want it literal
      english (a=a b=b) and I want it in the script written on the moria door.

      I'm a little clearer on Gimli's quote, but I could use a second opinion if anyone wants to
      help. It will be literal too and the type of Angerthas found in Moria.

      I'll happily post the finished tattos.

      Qualli
      (just in case you're curious, my other, other tattoo is the crawly dragon from the hobbit
      map...see a pattern?)
    • j_mach_wust
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 7, 2005
        --- In elfscript@yahoogroups.com, "quallianmaghouin"
        <quallianmaghouin@y...> wrote:

        > I've kind of muddled through it, and have a vauge, maybe-kinda right
        > transcription, but I think I need help.

        Could you put a scan in the Files section or a description or post the
        messy characters that'd produce your transcription in a tengwar font?
        That'd help a lot.

        kry@s:
        j. 'mach' wust
      • quallianmaghouin
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 7, 2005
          oh! sorry, I guess that would have been useful. I don't have a scanner, or a screen capture
          tool, but I did use this website: http://www.17webplace.com/lotr/ as a jumping off point.

          TengwardSindarin Beleriand: "my heart bids me go on" (From the best I could gather, this
          was the script on the moria gate)

          Angerthas: "and all weariness will fall from me"

          I checked with the charts in the back of ROTK, and to me they look right, but that really
          doesn't mean much.

          thanks.

          Qualli
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 7, 2005
            <quallianmaghouin@y...> wrote:

            > oh! sorry, I guess that would have been useful. I don't have a
            scanner, or a screen capture
            > tool, but I did use this website: http://www.17webplace.com/lotr/
            as a jumping off point.

            > TengwardSindarin Beleriand: "my heart bids me go on" (From the best
            I could gather, this
            > was the script on the moria gate)

            It is called _Mode of Beleriand_.

            > Angerthas: "and all weariness will fall from me"
            >
            > I checked with the charts in the back of ROTK, and to me they look
            right, but that really
            > doesn't mean much.

            You don't need a scanner. Use one of the PC fonts and give us the
            code or the picture (you can write it in a Word Editor, Copy and
            Paste it to a new and clear Powerpoint file As a picure and Save as a
            picture).

            Or if you have Adobe or other such program...

            Lucy
          • quallianmaghouin
            Message 5 of 5 , Feb 8, 2005
              Nevermind, I'm just going to cave and pay someone to do it for me.

              Thanks though

              Qualli