All who wander are not lost - for sup3rslug

    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 4 12:39 AM
      Hello,

      in my recent post to Elfling, I promised to send a Sindarin version
      of this sentence but more advanced Elflingers convinced me not to do
      so...

      Here is my crack of the English version: 'All who wander are not
      lost' transcribed in Tengwar. Any comments are most welcome:

      groups.yahoo.com/group/elfscript/files/calwen76/allwhowander.gif

      Lucy
    • j_mach_wust
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 4 6:10 AM
        Lucy wrote:
        > Here is my crack of the English version: 'All who wander are not
        > lost' transcribed in Tengwar. Any comments are most welcome:
        >
        > groups.yahoo.com/group/elfscript/files/calwen76/allwhowander.gif

        Are should be written rather with óre, since the silent e doesn't
        count as a vowel. I'd rather go with the first way of representing the
        -er ending. I'd transcribe:

        And I've found an old recollection of the endings -er and -ed in the
        orthographic English tengwar samples:

      • Benct Philip Jonsson
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 4 10:57 AM
          j_mach_wust wrote:

          > Lucy wrote:
          >
          >>Here is my crack of the English version: 'All who wander are not
          >>lost' transcribed in Tengwar. Any comments are most welcome:

          Warning guys! The original reads "Not all those who wander are lost"!
          (51H j°E 4~N8 o~N y2P#7 6D jiH1)

          See
          <http://movies.groups.yahoo.com/group/elfscript/files/Melroch/not_all.gif>

          And a Sindarin version since last time the subject was up:

          /BP 8^)>

          Solitudinem faciunt pacem appellant!
          (Tacitus)
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 7 12:25 AM
            --- In elfscript@yahoogroups.com, "j_mach_wust" <j_mach_wust@y...>
            transcribed:

            Yap, all wrong was my crack.. :( I's too hasty.

            Message 5 of 5 , Feb 7 5:25 AM
              --- In elfscript@yahoogroups.com, Benct Philip Jonsson <melroch@m...>
              wrote:
              > Warning guys! The original reads "Not all those who wander are
              lost"!

              I know, it was not me who wanted that sentence (All who wander are
              not lost). The logic is twisted, as I argued some time ago here in
              this forum (in discussion with HKF), but it seems nobody paid
              attention to it.