Re: intro & Q.

  • j_mach_wust
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 1, 2005
      --- In elfscript@yahoogroups.com, "baphometboy1" <baphometboy1@y...>
      wrote:

      > hi ive been learning Quenya for about 2 or 3 months and am gettin
      > along so-so, but i was wondering, is there an elvish script for
      > Quenya? i thought that tengwar script was used primarily for
      > Sindarin, is this right??if there is a script system for Quenya could
      > anyone point me in the right direction??

      No, the tengwar were first invented to be used with Quenya. Many
      description of the classical Quenya orthography (or "mode" as tengwar
      orthographies use to be called) can be found in the Links-section of
      elfscript. I'd especially recommend Måns Björkman's "Amanye Tenceli"
      site and Per Lindberg's "Tengwar Primers".