intro & Q.

  • baphometboy1
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 1, 2005
      hi ive been learning Quenya for about 2 or 3 months and am gettin
      along so-so, but i was wondering, is there an elvish script for
      Quenya? i thought that tengwar script was used primarily for
      Sindarin, is this right??if there is a script system for Quenya could
      anyone point me in the right direction??

      thanks in advance
    • j_mach_wust
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 1, 2005
        --- In elfscript@yahoogroups.com, "baphometboy1" <baphometboy1@y...>
        wrote:

        > hi ive been learning Quenya for about 2 or 3 months and am gettin
        > along so-so, but i was wondering, is there an elvish script for
        > Quenya? i thought that tengwar script was used primarily for
        > Sindarin, is this right??if there is a script system for Quenya could
        > anyone point me in the right direction??

        No, the tengwar were first invented to be used with Quenya. Many
        description of the classical Quenya orthography (or "mode" as tengwar
        orthographies use to be called) can be found in the Links-section of
        elfscript. I'd especially recommend Måns Björkman's "Amanye Tenceli"
        site and Per Lindberg's "Tengwar Primers".